El Neptuno

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Anyone know how to get more information on rentals in this complex? Checked on-line but can't find anything available. Do owners rent out directly or do I have to go through an agency? Planning to come to Sosua towards the end of November and stay for about a month if I can find a good place to stay. :classic:

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Ok I just found another thread with some info.......contact person seems to be Ramona Valdez. I will try to follow up on this. Any other info anyone has regarding these apartments would be great or better yet if you own one and would like to rent it out let me know!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ramona manages the units for the owners.
Email her, she is very diligent and professional.

elneptuno2005@gmail dot com

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Generally there are nice apartments in El Neptuno. Handy location, close to Sosua beach and all shopping.
On the same street as Los Balcones Luxury Condominiums and the Piergiorgio hotel.
Mack.

juant

May 9, 2012
Anyone know how to get more information on rentals in this complex? Checked on-line but can't find anything available. Do owners rent out directly or do I have to go through an agency? Planning to come to Sosua towards the end of November and stay for about a month if I can find a good place to stay. :classic:
I know of two condos that they rent apartments in Sosua. Send me a private message here and I will give you the owners names and phone numbers. The prices range from $35-$45US a day. If you are staying a month, the owners will give you a special price.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I live in El Neptuno. Have owned a condo there for about 12 years.

Rentals are handled by Ramona Valdez, the administrator. She speaks good English. She can be reached at 809-571-2664 or elneptuno2005@gmail.com

The office is closed today for a DR holiday, but she will be there tomorrow and rest of week.

El Neptuno is well located. About 2 blocks from center of town and the beach, but in a quiet, upscale area.

Apartments are all 2 bedroom and fully furnished. All have AC at least in master bedroom

I'm visiting family in US at the moment but will be back mid-October. So will be there in November and if I can be of help, let me know.

I'll let Ramona know you will be contacting here. You can tell her you are in contact with Ken.

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Thanks Ken......I have contacted Ramona by e-mail and will wait back to hear from her. A 2 bedroom may be more than I need as I will be travelling solo but if something is available and the price is ok it would probably be my location of choice. I believe my husband and I may have met Ramona in 2011 when we were staying at the Casa Marina and checking out alternate places to stay on our next visit. If I remember correctly it was a very nice complex in a great location and Ramona was very friendly and helpful. Hope something works out. Thanks again.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Ken......I have contacted Ramona by e-mail and will wait back to hear from her. A 2 bedroom may be more than I need as I will be travelling solo but if something is available and the price is ok it would probably be my location of choice. I believe my husband and I may have met Ramona in 2011 when we were staying at the Casa Marina and checking out alternate places to stay on our next visit. If I remember correctly it was a very nice complex in a great location and Ramona was very friendly and helpful. Hope something works out. Thanks again.

Must have been Neptuno. Ramona is very nice and helpful. Also a very good administrator, probably best on North Coast.

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Have been in contact with Ramona....has an apartment available at what seems to be a fair price! New dilemma .....a friend has advised me that if my primary focus on my visit is to learn the Spanish language perhaps I should stay at the Casa Goethe which is on the same street as El Neptuno. Apparently they have private rooms and everyday classes . The cost would be less but I would probably have to eat out more? Does anybody have any advice to offer on this? Anybody have any experience with the Spanish school?
I promised Ramona I would get back to her a.s.a.p. so any input would be greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have been in contact with Ramona....has an apartment available at what seems to be a fair price! New dilemma .....a friend has advised me that if my primary focus on my visit is to learn the Spanish language perhaps I should stay at the Casa Goethe which is on the same street as El Neptuno. Apparently they have private rooms and everyday classes . The cost would be less but I would probably have to eat out more? Does anybody have any advice to offer on this? Anybody have any experience with the Spanish school?
I promised Ramona I would get back to her a.s.a.p. so any input would be greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias!

Casa Goethe is directly across the street from El Neptuno. It is an excellent language school.

I don't see how staying at Casa Goethe will help you with Spanish. If there are any activities going on at the school that you want to participate in, there will only be a few more steps if you stay at El Neptuno.

If you want the convenience of being able to prepare some of your meals, be sure of having TV and AC in your living quarters, and be able to sunbathe and swim in the pool area, then Neptuno is the place to stay.

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Casa Goethe is directly across the street from El Neptuno. It is an excellent language school.

I don't see how staying at Casa Goethe will help you with Spanish. If there are any activities going on at the school that you want to participate in, there will only be a few more steps if you stay at El Neptuno.

If you want the convenience of being able to prepare some of your meals, be sure of having TV and AC in your living quarters, and be able to sunbathe and swim in the pool area, then Neptuno is the place to stay.

Just wondering if by immersing myself .....staying on residence and classes every day for 3 hours would I meet more people with like interests? I am leaning 98% to El Neptuno after talking to Ramona:)..... maybe I could get her to converse with me in Spanish only! Do you think there will opportunity to meet people at El Neptuno....is it generally a friendly place? I'm not really much of a TV person or sunbather,although I do enjoy sitting outside with a good book.

Also did you succeed in getting wi-fi at the complex .....is there good internet service?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just wondering if by immersing myself .....staying on residence and classes every day for 3 hours would I meet more people with like interests? I am leaning 98% to El Neptuno after talking to Ramona:)..... maybe I could get her to converse with me in Spanish only! Do you think there will opportunity to meet people at El Neptuno....is it generally a friendly place? I'm not really much of a TV person or sunbather,although I do enjoy sitting outside with a good book.

Also did you succeed in getting wi-fi at the complex .....is there good internet service?

Ramona will be more than happy to converse only in Spanish if she knows that is your preference. Also, you
can talk with the employees, all of whom are friendly.

There are many Spanish only TV stations that you can listen to as much as you want. Also, no end of opportunities to practice your Spanish in town.

The school is just across the street. No reason you can't hang out there as much as you want. The fact you are staying at El Neptuno doesn't prevent you from interacting to your heart's content with the people at the school. In fact, the school on occasion has put students at El Neptuno when they didn't have space.

Internet is in every apartment. Ramona will help you get connected.