moving to the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet

Sep 23, 2012
Hi, I am considering moving to the UK. I would like to find out info. about living conditions, the government system and housing. Especially if it's a cheap boarding house. If you have any info. please send me a message. Thanks

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What specifically do you want to know. What do you mean living conditions, government system (the government is quite complex, it has many so called systems), and housing (yes there are houses, what about housing?)
What nationality are you, what connections do you have to the UK?

It is extremely difficult to get into the UK these days, you need very good finances, strong reason or connection and still it is very very difficult.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yip, the financial bar is so high now it is massively difficult, everywhere, well apart from trying to get into the DR.

Ive been trying to figure my opinion on this, whether it is a good thing or a bad thing and I can't decide.

I hate the whole Europe thing (I think).

The government are making it difficult for the wrong people, they need to close these doors and stop letting Eastern Europe in to rape the country and take what they can with absolutely no intention of contributing at all. It is funny that the supposedly most developed countries are often seen as the laughing stock of the freeloaders.

Right now there is better treatment and more options in the UK for those who are not British.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
The government are making it difficult for the wrong people, they need to close these doors and stop letting Eastern Europe in to rape the country and take what they can with absolutely no intention of contributing at all. It is funny that the supposedly most developed countries are often seen as the laughing stock of the freeloaders.

Right now there is better treatment and more options in the UK for those who are not British.

Some Russkie from Sosua gets mad when I write this but its the truth. The emigrees from the former communist countries are bar none the best fraudsters when it comes to robbing govt money and milking the system.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dude, i am totally with you. i spent 4 years in london and i was called f**king immigrant a lot :) i know exactly why. many polaks travel to the UK to use government help. heck, people divorce so that a woman can claim single mother benefits. some do not even live in there, they just come, sign up to the system, rent out their council flat assigned by the government and only come back few times a year to show kids to social services. paradise indeed.

btw, i worked in the UK, paid taxes, paid SSN and never asked anyone anything. i would love to go back, life was good there. but it is not easy for people coming from abroad, the job market is competitive and does not look favourably at those who have no local experience.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Let them get mad, it's not coincidence the country has gone down the swanny since we allowed these people in. Every negative aspect before that was difficult to deal with is now multiplied ten fold. It started that they were just pi$$ing people off for driving trade rates down, but it is now that they come in with one intention and that is to abuse our system as much as they can, claiming welfare or benefits (not sure what the difference is) as well as working on the side and not paying taxes. Violent crime has risen massively, there are more gun related crimes where as before they were very very rare. Bringing women slaves in and forcing them into work, all sorts of stuff that went on before, but now it is at such a huge scale the country has simply been raped to fuk, there's nowhere left to turn. Southern Spain is also in a mess because of them, it's been like a plague of Eastern locust leaving devastation in their tracks. And I really am not sure why they are in the country in such numbers.
my wife had to pass an English exam, We had to prove we had enough money so she wouldn't end up in the hands of the government, we had to prove absolute independence, and I am British. Just because you're from Europe you can wander over, no need for English, demand a free house, and again rape the system. It's absolutely wrong on every level. Like I said when we were going through the visa process for Mrs Dog I was fuming constantly at the scrutiny they were giving us, when on the other hand they just let any untied scum bag in and can't do enough for him. Doesn't make sense, being British isn't what it used to be, it's quite embarrassing these days.

I might sound a bit racist but I don't think it is, just because I have ill feeling towards a race doesn't mean I dislike the individuals of that race. I don't dislike a specific person, I dislike our government for putting the country in this stance. I feel like a bi product of my own country, discarded as unimportant as it gets on with making everyone else feel comfortable and making sure their rights are priority.

There is an irony to all my bitching as we just bought property in Bulgaria and have no intention is living in the UK:rolleyes:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
dude, i am totally with you. i spent 4 years in london and i was called f**king immigrant a lot :) i know exactly why. many polaks travel to the UK to use government help. heck, people divorce so that a woman can claim single mother benefits. some do not even live in there, they just come, sign up to the system, rent out their council flat assigned by the government and only come back few times a year to show kids to social services. paradise indeed.

btw, i worked in the UK, paid taxes, paid SSN and never asked anyone anything. i would love to go back, life was good there. but it is not easy for people coming from abroad, the job market is competitive and does not look favourably at those who have no local experience.

No one in the country has issue with those who pay their way. Everyone is embarrassed at how easy it is to abuse the system though, that makes people racist and that is what creates massive issues, many feel like they are working very hard, longer and longer hours to support people with no intention of lifting a finger.
If it was down to the people everyone who wasn't paying tax would be shipped out tomorrow, and you can take our own freeloader while your at it, we've our own professionally unetmployed scum to deal with.
Work, pay tax, then WELCOME

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
dude, i am totally with you. i spent 4 years in london and i was called f**king immigrant a lot :) i know exactly why. many polaks travel to the UK to use government help. heck, people divorce so that .

Polocks are usually the exception. I think its because they usually have established family here. Slovaks, Albanians, Serbs, Russians. The Albanians and the Serbs are more violent crooks not as white collar as the Russians and the Slovaks. They can make a million bucks a month they will still apply for welfare. If they give their parents an apt they will apply for section eight even when they own the building LOL..

Its so simple. If a govt doesnt want people coming for welfare stop giving it out. Seems simple to me

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
plague of Eastern locust

ha ha ha, this shall be my signature here on dr1!
see, i do not get offended. you are totally right. immigrants who come to the UK, work, do taxes and pay their dues are great for the economy. all the others? gtfo.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you will find the cheapest living conditions in rundown seaside places like Blackpool, there are plenty of guest houses desperate for guests so accomodation will be cheap with all that goes with cheapness in the uk......bed bugs and no heating

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
why on earth would you want to move to the Uk.I have just escaped there after 5 years of trying to get out.The whole country is going to the dogs and fast.There is no work and what work they is is very poorly paid and with the ever weekly rising costs of food, taxes and bills, it is not a good way of life.You either work your ass off and have the government tax your ass out of majority of it or you end up on benefits with no hope of anything.Only social life you have is either sat in front of the TV or drinking yourself in to oblivion because your life sucks.You go into most towns north of London and all you see is poverty.England is not a Third world country but it is fastly heading that way and the problem is, the majority cant see that who live there as most cant afford to leave the country even for a holiday as the government make it harder on the poor with taxes on Air travel.
People have this mis _conception that London is the model for the rest of England...sorry but you need to see it up north to see the real England.Unless you have some highly paid job and dont like people then you be ok..English people on the whole are not one for just saying Hi...How are you?..or even acknowledge you..more then likely get a grunt or a glass in your face if you happen to fall on the one of hundreds of drunks that stagger the streets during the day with a can in there hands,..and thats just the women :laugh:
I would seriously think twice..its harder to get out of there then get in...there made it extremely difficult for me and my wife when we tried to get our papers sorted and documents apostiled
I will not be returning and were happy we got out
Just one thing...allot of brits blame the immigrants...you cant im sorry..its the government that let them in as they get a back hander from the EU as they wouldnt accept them and to be honest the majority are hard workers, not like the majority of lazy chavvy brits who sit at home on benefits with no intention of working and are using the immigrants as a excuse...you look around british streets..its the brits that are wandering around not in work dragging there 10 kids behind them each with a sausage roll in there hands....also look..only shops open are foreign shops or foreign run..they are working..bought businesses...majority of your football clubs would of gone under without those foreigners investing...the world is no longer behind a wall of separation of culture or colour ..that type of segregation went out with the dark ages...its a multi cultural world now accept it ....how many brits are in Spain sunning it up..opening there British grub shops and still sponging off benefits??????...quite allot so it isnt just polish... Pakistanis..or whoever..
Getting back to the topic..DONT DO IT...at least go there..travel North...live there for a month or two and not in a tourist place and then decide

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Unless things have changed a lot since I left the UK two years ago, the Eastern Europeans that I knew worked hard, doing the work that many Brits were not prepared to do. I used to employ several Poles for just that reason. Sure, there are some spongers and crooks (especially Romany gypsies) as there are among all people, but most just wanted to make some money and then go back to where they came from, because they much preferred life in their own country.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
CLOSED. Not DR related a OP needs much more posts for the Off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.