Guiness

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Over the years I have noticed lamentations from fellow dr1?ers about the absence of a dark beer here in the DR. Some months ago there was a news item that the Presidente Brewery had bought a Jamaican Brewery that brewed under licence Guiness. I wrote and asked them when they would be importing it to the DR. I did not even get the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Is there anything we can do either as individuals or as the mighty force of dr1 to persuade them to import Guiness?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Over the years I have noticed lamentations from fellow dr1?ers about the absence of a dark beer here in the DR. Some months ago there was a news item that the Presidente Brewery had bought a Jamaican Brewery that brewed under licence Guiness. I wrote and asked them when they would be importing it to the DR. I did not even get the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Is there anything we can do either as individuals or as the mighty force of dr1 to persuade them to import Guiness?

did you really expect to get one?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Are you talking about bottled Guinness, because they have it in the Pola now! If you mean the proper draught by Keg, i do not believe anyone has succeeded in that. Apart from ****idente on tap in the AI do you see any real draught beer here (kegs).
Always the same answer, it spoils in the hot climate.:confused: Typical Dominican response because, other hot locations dont seem to have this problem.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Are you talking about bottled Guinness, because they have it in the Pola now! If you mean the proper draught by Keg, i do not believe anyone has succeeded in that. Apart from ****idente on tap in the AI do you see any real draught beer here (kegs).
Always the same answer, it spoils in the hot climate.:confused: Typical Dominican response because, other hot locations dont seem to have this problem.

horsefeathers! every english speaking island has Guinness as standard fare.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Draught Guiness served in the capital. I presumed you'd have on the Northcoast since you have an Irish bar, you do have an Irish bar don't you, in Sosua?

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Draught Guiness served in the capital. I presumed you'd have on the Northcoast since you have an Irish bar, you do have an Irish bar don't you, in Sosua?
No, the only Irish bar closed down a couple of years ago. Not that was very much Irish about the place and they certainly did not have Guinness on tap.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004

Please share where this is served. We will be in SD next week and would love to introduce my novia to the best beer in the world!!