DR Vacation

L

Lindie Hills

Hello everyone,

I am going to the DR with my boyfriend Aug 12 - 19th and I have come to discover that Restoration Day falls on the 16th while we are there. Does anyone know what this is, and will it effect our vacation?? We are staying @ the Occidental Flamenco in Playa Dorada. I have read some mixed reviews however I could care less, I can't wait!!! I would appreciate any imput you have about the hotel and or things to do while there. ( I am interested in the the Jungle Safari anyone heard about this?)

Sincerely
Lindie Hills

&

"El Grandullon"

It is the restoratin of the constitution,or something.Come on down you won,t even notice it.Have fun.

B

Bob Morris

The Jungle Safari is a trip (in the back of a pick-up) into the interior around Puerta Plata. Having rather brittle bones I have never ventured on it myself but reports I have heard from my younger and more agile friends all say it is a lot of fun. You get to meet some of the local people and see many things you won't see from the hotel.

Local holdidays, such as the one you mention have very little effect at the places in Playa Dorada.

You should enjoy yourselves - take lots of sunscreen!

S

SUN_RA

Hi Lindie, I just returned from DR (07/17) and let me tell you,
I had a great time. I stayed at the Playa Naco... lots of nice
people... go ahead, have a Blast of a Time...