Dry Dog Food

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Playero sells 40 lbs bags of my dog food for 1400 some pesos while Sirena sells it for 1900 RD. Sirena is generally higher but has better selection, parking, and service normally.

If anybody wants to know brand I will go out in my yard to look, but I'm too lazy right now.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sounds expensive. We adopted a rottie (originally from Sosua) and were told he liked Campion [sp??], we pay 900 pesos for a 40 lb bag.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
About RD25 p/lb is about right for a decent grind, but you could be buying the stuff with whole ears in and wind pipes, arse holes n so on for RD35 p/lb.
You can get stuff much cheaper that they'll eat, but I even get bored feedi g than it so eating it must be pretty stimulant free.

but the inlaws do tell me my dogs eat better than them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we buy food from pricesmart, about 850 or 900 (cannot quite remember), just under 40lb. i ain't gonna cook for my rotties, they are too big and they eat too much. but i give them leftovers from our food all the time.
we bought dog food from la sirena few times, was expensive. and then the one from jose luis always had some bugs living inside the bag.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
we buy food from pricesmart, about 850 or 900 (cannot quite remember), just under 40lb. i ain't gonna cook for my rotties, they are too big and they eat too much. but i give them leftovers from our food all the time.
we bought dog food from la sirena few times, was expensive. and then the one from jose luis always had some bugs living inside the bag.

Yeah I bought the cheap stuff one time and was fighting wheat weevils for a month.

The bag I am talking about is the Purina Dog Chow in the green bag.

Not sure how the PriceSmart 40 lbs bags hold up in the quality department, I have bought this and mixed it with the green bag.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not think our dogs care that much :)
values from pricesmart food: proteina cruda (22%), fibra cruda (12%), energia (3400cal/kg).

once upon a time we fed our dog eukanuba (when fiji was preggers). then we used to buy huge bags of food from santiago/moca, from some almacen. now i think of it the ingredients on that food listed carne in the first place, maybe it was better that pricesmart? but it was very colourful and i do not trust dog food with rainbow grains!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I won't buy the Euk, even in NoAmerica.... too much

Here, Royal Canin or now, BK's new stuff I'll try

I too, have been known to mix it....

Unlike many people, I change the food regularly - I think it keeps them from getting fussy.
If you fed me the same meal every day - I'd get bored..... whats different w/ animals.
I think/hope they enjoy the variety

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have 5 big dogs and a chihuahua (he is the boss of them all ) I use Campeon from Janets 875 for 40lbs I also cook a pot of corneal meal flavored with Maggi and mix the Campeon with it in thier bowls to make the dry food last longer.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have 5 big dogs and a chihuahua (he is the boss of them all ) I use Campeon from Janets 875 for 40lbs I also cook a pot of corneal meal flavored with Maggi and mix the Campeon with it in thier bowls to make the dry food last longer.

When did you last buy a bag in Janet's? I was shocked that the price had gone up to RD$1025 each when I bought two bags last Saturday!

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Last week maybe it has gone up if so Ill pick it up from the guy in Isla bon for 950! Its still the cheapest sometimes i switch between that and Alican. All my Dogs are healthy and strong !