Raising a family in DR' coast / Schools and Associates

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
I would imagine education is unsatisfactory for elementary / high school. Are there acceptable private alternatives?

And, are there children from other than DR that live full time on the north shore?

This is a question that goes to the center of expat / foreign worker community.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I would imagine education is unsatisfactory for elementary / high school. Are there acceptable private alternatives?
Yes, there are good private schools but very expensive!

And, are there children from other than DR that live full time on the north shore?
Yes, plenty.

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
A little fuzzy on "very expensive" and "plenty" jajaja

Anybody know the approximate costs? Can anybody elaborate on the world wide expat community in the North Shore? Especially as it would relate to families with kids?

Gracias

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
The cost of the private school varies quite a bit between place such as Sosua, where they have an amazing private school ($6000/year), and Cabrera, where a very good private school ($2600/year) exists. Where along the coast are you considering?

(prices above are in USD)

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
That is good news! And how about the number of kids in these schools?

(I am considering long term, basing myself out of the North Coast - right in between Cabarete y Sasua) These are important but distant considerations.

Gracias

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
And it is truely an international school with kids from all over the world attending.

Bob K

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I went to an international school in Valencia Venezuela when I was growing up.
And look how I turned out!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I went to an international school in Valencia Venezuela when I was growing up.
And look how I turned out!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in spite of that, international schools here on the north coast are capable of turning out reasonablly well educated kids.

i also know of a few kids, one removed by choice from the int'l schools here, who are doing there highschool online through
Online High School and Middle School | The Keystone School. they're very happy and it's u.s. accredited.