Casa Goethe in Sosua

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Has anyone had any personal experience with this Spanish school in Sosua? Any info you have would be awesome as I have to make a decision A.S.A.P. Thanks.:cross-eye

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Has anyone had any personal experience with this Spanish school in Sosua? Any info you have would be awesome as I have to make a decision A.S.A.P. Thanks.:cross-eye

My sister and a family member received instruction there. They were very positive about the program and the staff. My sister lived in Argentina for several years so was taking a class to
advance her ability. Her grandson was building on a year or 2 of high school Spanish

Many college-age students come to the school from European universities to take classes. The classes are recognized by
the universities and the students receive credit just as though they took the classes at the university.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
My sister and a family member received instruction there. They were very positive about the program and the staff. My sister lived in Argentina for several years so was taking a class to
advance her ability. Her grandson was building on a year or 2 of high school Spanish

Many college-age students come to the school from European universities to take classes. The classes are recognized by
the universities and the students receive credit just as though they took the classes at the university

The Goethe Institute in Santo Domingo is recognized by the universities but not Casa Goethe in Sosua as i recall correctly.
Nevertheless i got good reviews from people who attended classes at Casa Goethe in Sosua.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The Goethe Institute in Santo Domingo is recognized by the universities but not Casa Goethe in Sosua as i recall correctly.
Nevertheless i got good reviews from people who attended classes at Casa Goethe in Sosua.

They apparently have it worked out in some way. I have had students tell me they were receiving credit. Possibly the courses are taken in Sosua and the certification comes from SD.

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
I've taken classes there and they are good, though fairly expensive. If money isn't
of prime importance, I would definitely go there.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I've been there twice and I would recomend it. The group courses are given in the morning and you have the afternoon free.
They have small classes and the place is run well. You can stay at the school in studio's and the School is well located in Sosua, close to the beach. and everything walking distance.

Both times I enjoyed it and improve my Spanish

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
I've taken classes there and they are good, though fairly expensive. If money isn't
of prime importance, I would definitely go there.
I wish money wasn't a factor! I have been in contact with the school and "yes" they are quite expensive. They also seem very friendly and helpful. I have made arrangements to stay elsewhere and to take some classes when I get there.

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
I wish money wasn't a factor! I have been in contact with the school and "yes" they are quite expensive. They also seem very friendly and helpful. I have made arrangements to stay elsewhere and to take some classes when I get there.

Hi again

Thought I'd mention there's also a place called "The Spanish Center" (the-spanish-center.com).
Located just a couple blocks from Casa Goethe and quite a bit less expensive. I corresponded with
them once regarding classes, but unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip, so I can't give you a review.
Maybe some one else here has gone there?

GrandmaA

Apr 15, 2011
Hi again

Thought I'd mention there's also a place called "The Spanish Center" (the-spanish-center.com).
Located just a couple blocks from Casa Goethe and quite a bit less expensive. I corresponded with
them once regarding classes, but unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip, so I can't give you a review.
Maybe some one else here has gone there?
Thanks...I'll check it out as well.