New Theme Park

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Does anybody have information where in Punta Cana this new "Extreme Park Punta Cana" is going to be constructed; IE: near the airport, along the new Coral Highway, Uvero Alto, Cabeza de Toro ?

Lot's of media information about El Presidente being there for the ground breaking but no info on exact location and cannot rely on the locals for same as they are also sometimes kept in the dark.

Regards,

PJT

Note: PJT is out of country for a while and missed receiving his invite to ground breaking.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I saw a large tent set up the other day on the Bulevar Turistico close to the entrance to Cabeza de Toro (right-hand side, about 300m further along heading towards Bavaro). I believe that's where it'll be...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I saw a large tent set up the other day on the Bulevar Turistico close to the entrance to Cabeza de Toro (right-hand side, about 300m further along heading towards Bavaro). I believe that's where it'll be...

That could be where it will be set up, just off the highway, If you were facing towards the sea on the Bulevar at the access road to Cabeza de Toro, you are saying the tent was on the Bulevar to the Bavaro side, the left of the access road? Most of the land on that side has been undeveloped, although there are few existing dwellings set back in the tract. The land to the right of the access road is open mine land with a few small settlements within it and on its parameter.

Regards,

PJT

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
5C78CAF0-2CDA-474A-9A5F-14585B01B10E.jpeg
180b3d5e981dfc1f7c998e9922efafe5_XL.jpg

COST OF USD $ 180 MILLION
Medina breaks ground for works to build an amusement theme park in Bavaro
TO BE CONSIDERED THE LARGEST IN THAT CATEGORY IN LATIN AMERICA

President Danilo Medina presided in this city an act that broke ground for the construction of the Amusement Park "Extreme Park Punta Cana", which will be built with an initial investment of 180 million dollars.
It would be considered the largest in Latin America that category.

Facilities will include four main business areas, indoor and outdoor attractions, amphitheater, disco, and many other areas that provide complementary services.

Salvador Ballestero, Extreme Park Group chairman, promised President Medina help bring the country's 10 million tourists a year who promised in his campaign.

The project is scheduled to be inaugurated in 2014 and has an area of ​​over one million square meters and will generate hundreds of direct jobs.

Ballestero said the center will have the highest safety standards for such infrastructure.
"After studying several destinations in the Caribbean, and analyzed the potential of each and after the treatment and support offered by both the Ministries of Tourism, Environment, Civil Aviation, as well as private entities during the survey in the Dominican Republic it is decided that the tourist region of Punta Cana and Bavaro is the perfect location for Extreme Park, "said Salvador Ballestero.

In the activity tourism entrepreneurs and the Minister of Tourism, Francisco Javier Garcia, who praised the importance of the project and said it will complement all foreign investments made in this area and in other parts of the country.

The theme park will have over 30 attractions in the initial stage, including a pool of 26 thousand square meters with simulated waves, a dry ski slope, automated roller coasters, Formula 1 simulators, amphitheater and disco among other attractions.

[video=youtube;ZdiBGW7lwS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdiBGW7lwS0[/video]

Extreme Park is a project that fills a space for all the tourists who visit the country, especially for those who come to Punta Cana, is a park with several attractions as an artificial ski slope, a pool in which we'll host international surfing championships.

The Tourism Minister enthusiastically received the presentation from investors and promised support in all that must be shared for this project to be of great interest not only for foreign tourists but also for local tourists, which will position Punta Cana as the most interesting destination in Latin America and the Caribbean.

"A park of this size, with so many attractions that are not even in the great traditional parks, will convert Punta Cana, undoubtedly to the most interesting destination in Latin America," said Garcia.

For many Dominicans who dreamed of skiing or sliding down a mountain of snow that dream will be fulfilled as the project promises to build an artificial track, allowing Punta Cana to offer sun, sand and snow.

Another attraction would be a pool of 26 thousand square meters, which will simulate up to 46 different types of waves, the pool is designed to host international surfing competitions, according to investors.

Will also have an amphitheater where local and international artists will make the regular rounds, Formula 1 simulators employing the latest in racing simulation technologies, fully automated roller coasters and a nightclub that would compete with any other tourist area or internationally.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Is That a "Pile-of-$hit" that Danilo is shoveling???????????
180 million dollar "Theme Park", and a family in Santo Domingo asking for donations in today's "Diario Libre", so their son can get treated here for leukemia.
Does the word "Priorities" translate to Spanish????
CC
Do these idiots actually believe their own statements?
I Sure Don't!
They must have drank the same "Cool Aid" that "PeeChardo" loves so much!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Is That a "Pile-of-$hit" that Danilo is shoveling???????????
180 million dollar "Theme Park", and a family in Santo Domingo asking for donations in today's "Diario Libre", so their son can get treated here for leukemia.
Does the word "Priorities" translate to Spanish????
CC
Do these idiots actually believe their own statements?
I Sure Don't!
They must have drank the same "Cool Aid" that "PeeChardo" loves so much!

So... In the developed first world where you come from, there are NO parents begging for MONEY so their son can get treated for Leukemia???? Or are private developers held accountable for public health in the health care system there?

???????????????????????????????????

So in your statement above, the 'private" developers should instead invest the money into providing free care to leukemia sufferers in the DR and the President not supposed to break ground on the project, which will bring "less" money to the state coffers in the long term to help pay for future leukemia sufferers like that boy in the front page?

I see your "reasoning" clear as water... NOT!

That's called talking Batata...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NO! Not at all!
I just want all those "PLD" "Hacks" to use part of their "Comiciones" from those "Private Developers" to pay for the kids treatment!
When they get back from buying new shoes in Miami that is!
CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Never Mind!
I guess not!
The President looks like he's constipated!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The only "Black Guy" in the foto is the bodyguard!
Must have been by invitation, a "Whites Only" gathering.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dominican!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
And meanwhile Puerto Plata and tourism is becoming more of an oxymoron!