Car Rental Companies at AZS-El Catey?

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
Hi Guys. Does anyone know which, if any, car rental companies are operating out of El Catey-Samana? I've tried Hertz, Avis and Europcar so far, and come up dry. Thanks.

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
Thank you. I just called them. For some reason they have nothing available until December, but their rates are quite good. I'm looking forward to the new Jetblue JFK-AZS!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
Try Jesse Car Rental in Las Terrenas, 809-240-6415. Most of these companies will meet you at the airport with the car. If he is interested ask him for other names and numbers. There are quite a few rental companies in LT. I just can't think of the others at this time. You could also go to lt7.com, which is the local paper on line and see if any one is advertising there. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

LTSteve

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Reason" you will find it nearly impossible to get a rental car in December, is that every Dominican in the WORLD comes "Home" in December!
Also, be advised, they will all be drunk and driving in those rental cars.
If you do find a car. it may not be there when you arrive.
They give you a reservation, but if someone comes first with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they get the car.
Also, get the additional insurance, and note ANY scratches, dings, bumps, and blemishes on the contract BEFOR you leave the lot. Take pictures if you can.
AND, when you take the car back be ready to fight about any "so-called" damages they want you to pay for.
Welcome to "Paradise", Dominican Style!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC