Universal PSE-650D Diesel Generator 6.5kw

GNLove

Jan 8, 2012
Consistent power outages have brought me to searching generators.

There is one in SPdM for RD $70K. Universal PSE-650D Diesel Generator.

Does anyone have any knowledge of thIS brand generator?

I appreciate your input.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have one of those Chinese diesel gensets. It has SILENT written all over it.

SILENT it aint! Even with a huge silencer and installed in my garage it really makes a horrible din. It also really annoys my neighbour too. We are supposed to sit in darkness and let our freezer defrost and flood the floor whilst he enjoys his tranquility!

However the good thing about these single cylinder diesel sets is economy. They sip fuel. It has a 5 gallon tank which will last for well over 24 hrs continuous running.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Kubota Diesel 6.5 kW

Consistent power outages have brought me to searching generators.
There is one in SPdM for RD $70K. Universal PSE-650D Diesel Generator.
Does anyone have any knowledge of thIS brand generator?
I appreciate your input.

Now after having my solar panels installed and still the 16 kW generator as standby I will sell my
"Kubota GL-6500S Low Boy".
We bought it new (from Tokyo Motors then) and only used it when the big generator needed servicing.
Thus it has run only about 850 hrs (clocked on its meter).
With a reduced charging rate we could even charge our 16 batteries with it, though slowly.

It is a reliable and economic machine.

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does the generator look anything like this:

027077071962_P.jpg

It is $73,000 RD at PriceSmart

PriceSmart.com

Here is another company that has one similar:

$%28KGrHqIOKo8E5VLzPRQYBOg5dhNCWg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

I recently took delivery of an Apollo Generator. Look familiar?

AED6500SRFront.jpg

AED6500SR - Apollo Power Industrial Corp

Very similar to the other Chinese models that are private labelled by various resellers. I imported it myself and saved well over $300 US in doing so versus getting it from PriceSmart. Plus it was delivered to my door. If I purchased it locally, I would have needed to pay someone to deliver it to my house. It had a 1,000 hour tune up kit, two electrical connectors and had a battery installed ( I think the other units don't come with a battery). It is true that Silent is anything but Silent.

P.S. Danillo is working on the power problem. It will all be better soon since he has made it a high priority. :rambo:

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have a 20,000 watt Detroit diesel generator.
It sounds like a huge truck motor, because it is!
When my neighbor starts blasting his huge speakers, I find that to be the PERFECT time to test my generator!
If you can't beat 'em, Join 'em!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

GNLove

Jan 8, 2012
Yellow one is very similar. I looks as if the labeling has changed only. I have temporarily resolved the issue for our house. Cannot get a straight answer from CDEEE on what is going on. Imagine that!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yellow one is very similar. I looks as if the labeling has changed only. I have temporarily resolved the issue for our house. Cannot get a straight answer from CDEEE on what is going on. Imagine that!

Good you have a fix for the moment.

Many people "private label" the same Chinese generator just like they do with the 100 cc Chinese motorcycles that have a dozen different names.

CDEEE is having trouble paying the power companies, so expect the problems to get worse.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm sure he does, big guy, and I'm also sure he knows the first time that generator breaks, it's a anchor. No parts here for them.

It is true that the culture here of short term thinking is to sell a product without thought for service after the sale. Hence the lack of parts for almost anything sold here (Toyota/Nissan/Mitsubishi cars notwithstanding). You will likely have to order your spare parts as needed from abroad.