Griegos-Greeks???

ioannis

Feb 7, 2012
hello boys and girls...hope you are doing all great...do you know if there are any greeks in DR?im living in greece now but the things here are not so good.my wife is dominicana and i was thinking of moving to DR?is it worth it?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bring FETA

im living in greece now but the things here are not so good.my wife is dominicana and i was thinking of moving to DR?is it worth it?

What does your wife say? :rolleyes:

I have yet to meet a Greek here, but I am always on the lookout for Greek FETA cheese.
The one they import from the US is not the best...

donP

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Lots of Sicilians a few Arabs Ive never met a Greek in the DR. There are few Turks in Puerta Plata.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
if you can cook great Greek food, by all means move rapidly and open up a good restaurant on the North Coast

BelgianK

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your question is too vague.
What are your present circumstances in Greece?
What special skills can you offer ?
Do you speak Dominican Spanish?
Do you have several thousand US dollars to bring to get started here?
What life style would you be satisfied with here?
Have you ever been to, or lived in the DR?
Where would you want to live in the DR?
Do you have children?
SOMHOW< I feel you better stay put for now.
Times are very hard all over the world.
At least in Greece I believe you can still get medical care, an education, and food with the help of the government, NOTHING HERE!
Cris Colon

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
C?NSUL HONORARIO: Eduardo Mejia Jabid
DIRECCI?: Centro Otorrinolaringologia Especialidades
Avenida 27 de Febrero, Esq. Federico Henriquez Carvajal
Santo Domingo
Rep?blica Dominicana
TEL?FONO LOCAL: (809) 685.3372
INTERNACIONAL: +1.809.685.3372
FAX LOCAL: (809) 685.0071
INTERNACIONAL: +1.809.685.0071

this is all i could find. you could always give this guy a call (good chance is he does not speak greek, only spanish and english, like polish consul in SD) and just ask. honorary consuls are usually were easy going, nice and helpful. you could ask about other greeks on the island and possible backup in case something goes wrong.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Do you have children?
At least in Greece I believe you can still get medical care, an education, and food with the help of the government, NOTHING HERE!
Cris Colon

Damn CC, I was trying to get us some great Greek food, and you are trying to spoil it....

btw... medical care, education and food from the Greek government are zilch now... most hospitals have to close down because of lack of supplies... it is even worse there than here...

BelgianK

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I always dreamed of moving to Greece.
I thought "Lesbos" might be a great spot for me.
I admire the Greek military.
Their Moto is, "Never Leave Your Buddies "BEHIND"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cheeky:;)
They also have a rather unique way of "Separating The Men from the Boys".
They use a crowbar!!!...."Ohpah"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know what "Ari" gave "Jackie" on their wedding night???
An "Old Greek ORGAN"!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
SOMEBODY Please Stop Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Zulu

May 27, 2012
Ti Kanis kala ise daxi, i used to live in Greece, if that helps but i am not originally from there, still have a summer home in Halkidiki. I decided to change my scenery ever since the economic meltdown i haven't step foot there in a long time . Make the plunge you can be the first some sort of pioneer the rest will follow you once they hear the success you have made for yourself on the Island. Trust me when i say this we are in desperate need of Greek food, gyros, suvlaka and some Metaxa, Ouzo don't forget to import some of that great stuff compadre. I say Just Do It like Nike Air, and if you feel like mingling with some of your country men, Miami is only 2 hours away by plane where there is a huge Greek population.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ti Kanis kala ise daxi, i used to live in Greece, if that helps but i am not originally from there, still have a summer home in Halkidiki. I decided to change my scenery ever since the economic meltdown i haven't step foot there in a long time . Make the plunge you can be the first some sort of pioneer the rest will follow you once they hear the success you have made for yourself on the Island. Trust me when i say this we are in desperate need of Greek food, gyros, suvlaka and some Metaxa, Ouzo don't forget to import some of that great stuff compadre. I say Just Do It like Nike Air, and if you feel like mingling with some of your country men, Miami is only 2 hours away by plane where there is a huge Greek population.

Unasema Kiswahili?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Mke wangu kwa miaka kadhaa nchini Kenya kama mwalimu na anakumbuka wakati wake na familia kwa kiburi mchanganyiko, huzuni na furaha.

Kwa post hii nami kuacha kutumia Kiswahili ... na kwa kutumia programu ya tafsiri. Yeye ni mmoja kwamba wanaweza kuzungumza baadhi, anakumbuka baadhi ya Kiswahili na wale ni mara yake na si yangu.

Mbali na hilo. Hili ni swali Ugiriki.

Not to worry. You can use a translation program if you wish but nothing really to translate.

And it is all Greek to me too.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
How Much Does A "Greek Earn"??????????
CCCC

I'll post here cause maybe CCCCCCCCCCCCCCc will protect me?

Look at the post 11's name. He is not from Greece and has not been in Greece in a long time. Look at the his name again if you did not get the connection. So as a little joke, I answered in Swahili via translator. (my wife taught school in Kenya for a few years so I thought it might be fun to see what happened. She still can speak some Swahili.)

Number 11, Zulu, has not answered in any language. English, Greek, Spanish or Swahili.

I hope that I was able to entertain and no offense was intended to anyone. Just a little puzzel for you and perhaps a little fun for Mrs. R :) A reach I know. But no harm intended or done.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
No worse then CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc's lol

Take my wife?.... Please.

Back to the thread.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
hello boys and girls...hope you are doing all great...do you know if there are any greeks in DR?im living in greece now but the things here are not so good.my wife is dominicana and i was thinking of moving to DR?is it worth it?

Back to the OP's thread.

ioannis

Feb 7, 2012
Do you have children?
Cris Colon

Dear CC there are no jobs here almost at all.the payment is really bad.i am a bartender in a 5* hotel and the sallary is really bad.i speak dominican spanish but not perfect.but im a fast learner..i was living in puerto plata for almost a year.my wife can cook excellent greek food.i have a son but not biological.he has dominican father but i love him too much(my son)...whats with the education there?i like sports too much,especially soccer,spearfishing.i am very sociable person.i like being in a company sharing experiences...is it dangerous living in DR?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Greek Food

i was living in puerto plata for almost a year.my wife can cook excellent greek food. (...) .is it dangerous living in DR?

If you come here your wife will be very helpful - in many ways (re: security).
I have not come across a Greek restaurant yet but I do know that many European residents love Greek food (including me).

αντίο

donP