National Holidays Observed 2012-2013

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I feel silly starting this thread, but I can't seem to find an official list of National Holidays in DR for this year and next. My workplace doesn't have it updated. I really would like to plan for my dad to come up on a three day weekend and I'd like to plan future excusrsions for myself. I am pretty sure there is no school/work Monday, Nov. 5th. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I love DR but I have noticed that many websites don't get updated. Lol

For example there is an International Film Festival this week and they have schedule up from last year.

I like schedules. I am fully aware that life isn't as on schedule here, which is probably good for me.

NYC schedules and the need to be busy drove me nuts.

Anyway if anyone has a link or a list for THIS year's and next (through June), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mar 2, 2008
I feel silly starting this thread, but I can't seem to find an official list of National Holidays in DR for this year and next. My workplace doesn't have it updated. I really would like to plan for my dad to come up on a three day weekend and I'd like to plan future excusrsions for myself. I am pretty sure there is no school/work Monday, Nov. 5th. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I love DR but I have noticed that many websites don't get updated. Lol

For example there is an International Film Festival this week and they have schedule up from last year.

I like schedules. I am fully aware that life isn't as on schedule here, which is probably good for me.

NYC schedules and the need to be busy drove me nuts.

Anyway if anyone has a link or a list for THIS year's and next (through June), I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 January ? New Year's Day
6 January ? Dia de Reyes (Epiphany)
21 January ? Dia de la Altagracia
26 January ? Duarte Day (Juan Pablo Duarte)
27 February ? Independence Day
24 April ? Viernes Santo
1 May ? Labor Day and Ascension Day
22 May ? Corpus Christi
Last Sunday in May ? Dia de las Madres
Last Sunday in July ? Dia de los Padres
16 August ? Dia de la Restauraci?n (Restoration Day)
24 September ? Dia de las Mercedes (Mercedes' Day)
6 November ? Constitution Day
5 December ? Discovery Day Commemorates the arrival of Christopher Colombus
24 December ? Christmas Eve
25 December ? Christmas Day

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Then, of course, you have the city/village holidays, the barrio holidays, the street holidays, the catholic holidays, etc...

BelgianK

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The MIC.gov.do publishes a list of holidays.
The remaining holiday for this year are
Monday 5 (Constitution Day) Really on Nov 6, but that's a Tuesday so the holiday is pushed back to Monday 5...

Christmas does not change.

New Years does not change.

I will check and see about 2012

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1 January – New Year's Day
6 January – Dia de Reyes (Epiphany) They like to put this on a Monday
21 January – Dia de la Altagracia Not changable but you need to check
26 January – Duarte Day (Juan Pablo Duarte) is usually put on a Monday
27 February – Independence Day Not changable usually
24 April – Viernes SantoCan't be changed
1 May – Labor Day and Ascension Day Moves to a Monday
22 May – Corpus Christi Always a Thursday
Last Sunday in May – Dia de las Madres
Last Sunday in July – Dia de los Padres
16 August – Dia de la Restauraci?n (Restoration Day)
24 September – Dia de las Mercedes (Mercedes' Day)
6 November – Constitution Day Moved to a Monday
5 December – Discovery Day Commemorates the arrival of Christopher Colombus Never seen this one!!
24 December – Christmas Eve
25 December – Christmas Day

If you check the website: www.mic.gov.do You will get the official word.

HB

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
I am pretty sure I read recently that Presidente Medina stated that Duarte will be given the respect he deserves and his day will not be moved to a Monday.

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012
Regarding the Constitution Day: Should I just assume that shops, banks, tourist attractions, busses, etc. will be on the Sunday schedule?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "December 5th. Holiday" is my birthday,and therefore: "Arrival" of "Cris Colon"!!!!
12/05/1946
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Regarding the Constitution Day: Should I just assume that shops, banks, tourist attractions, busses, etc. will be on the Sunday schedule?

Yes, for the most part. Most shops will probable be closed, except those in malls. Since Nov 6 is close to the holidays, I presume commercial activity will be high. Tourist attractions will be open. Banks usually announce their opening hours for each office the week before.