Family Saturday night activities in Santiago?

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012
During planning of our first trip to DR, I across a question that I could not find a relevant answer either here or printed guidebooks. Hence this post.

Our family will be returning to the US from STI at little after 2:00 on Sunday morning, meaning that we’ll have to arrive at STI, depending on various factors, sometime between 23:00 on Saturday and 1:00 on Sunday.

One of my options is to spend all of my Saturday elsewhere (north coast, Samana peninsula, Santo Domingo, Jarabacoa) and drive in to STI around 23:00 to 1:00. My other option is to spend our post-sunset time around Santiago-Moca-La Vega area, and then get to the airport by driving in, or taking a taxi or a concho (i.e., route ZP with p?blico/carro, not concho as in motorconcho -- thanks ElvisNYC, bachata, LaTeacher (http://www.dr1.com/forums/central/91565-learning-concho-routes.html ), and Public transportation and getting around Santiago, Dominican Republic !), or pirata, or Derfish.

My query is about the second option: can you recommend any family activities between 18:00 and 23:00 on Saturday night around Santiago? Most touristy places (e.g., Fortaleza San Luis, Monumento a los H?roes, Centro Le?n, Iglesia Las Meredes, La Vega Vieja, etc.) will be closed, and hanging around drinking/partying establishments (e.g., Ahi-Bar, Las 3 Caf?, La Dolce Lounge) for 6 hours have little appeal to my 10 year old daughter.

Thank you!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Movie at Hollywood 7? Or at Internacional Mall? Or Terra Whatever??

Not much else.

And you should be at the airport at 11:00 for the Spirit Flight. They like a 3 hour window...And the waiting room is nice. Take something to entertain the wee-one.

HB

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
They might want try Bowling @ Cibao bowling center, right on JPD highway, like 30 seconds away from La Sirena.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Have a sunset dinner at 7 pm at Camp David then catch the 9 pm picture at Plaza Internacional. You should be out of there by 11- 11:30 pm and then it's about 25 min to the airport from there.

Cine :.

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012
Thank you, Hillbilly, Amu, and Chip! I appreciate your help on this. I am glad that you’ve confirmed my suspicions. We’ll have to see if we’ll do the movies, or bowling, or if we’ll just punt and drive in to the airport from someplace else on Saturday night.

And thank you, Hillbilly, for the heads up on the time constrains with checking in at the airport. (We are actually flying Jet Blue; sorry, but I try not to do business Spirit.)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HAHAHA!!! I almost said Jet Blue!!...it was a flip of the coin!!

You are welcome...enjoy.

HB