Animal cruelty

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yesterday at noon. I was at the supermarket minding my own business. When I got out to the parking lot, right next to my car there was this brand-new looking Jeepeta, with all the windows rolled up, under the searing noon sun...and this
2gxkxsi.jpg
little dog inside. The poor thing was obviously dying from the heat and dehydration. I guess it must have been at least 60 o 65 degrees celcius inside that vehicle. I went back in the supermarket and explained the situation to the customer care people, who then proceeded to call the vehicle's owner through the loudspeakers. I went back to watch the dog and something like 10 minutes later I returned to customer care to ask what had happened with the owner, as I could see the little pet was almost giving up. The customer care person said the owner showed up at the desk and said that it was his dog and it was nobody's business what he did to it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In a sudden attack of rage, I went back to my car, took this
rark84.jpg
old break pad I had in my trunk (as you do), and proceeded to scratch the hell out of the jeepeta's side. I told the guachiman to write down my phone number and give it to the owner when he returned, and to tell him that I would gladly pay for the paint job if he endured 20 minutes in the same conditions the dog was at the moment (trapped inside a car under the sun). For a moment I thought about breaking the window to relieve the dog, but then the dog would have escaped and probably died anyway, thus defeating the purpose of my action. I then left to expect the call, which I'm still expecting. I couldn't just stay there and watch the dog die. Maybe the dog died, and I don't think the owner cared one bit. But I'm sure he learned a lesson he will never forget.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
why didn't you take a picture of the jeep and license plate and publish that on here too

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Yesterday at noon. I was at the supermarket minding my own business. When I got out to the parking lot, right next to my car there was this brand-new looking Jeepeta, with all the windows rolled up, under the searing noon sun...and this
2gxkxsi.jpg
little dog inside. The poor thing was obviously dying from the heat and dehydration. I guess it must have been at least 60 o 65 degrees celcius inside that vehicle. I went back in the supermarket and explained the situation to the customer care people, who then proceeded to call the vehicle's owner through the loudspeakers. I went back to watch the dog and something like 10 minutes later I returned to customer care to ask what had happened with the owner, as I could see the little pet was almost giving up. The customer care person said the owner showed up at the desk and said that it was his dog and it was nobody's business what he did to it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In a sudden attack of rage, I went back to my car, took this
rark84.jpg
old break pad I had in my trunk (as you do), and proceeded to scratch the hell out of the jeepeta's side. I told the guachiman to write down my phone number and give it to the owner when he returned, and to tell him that I would gladly pay for the paint job if he endured 20 minutes in the same conditions the dog was at the moment (trapped inside a car under the sun). For a moment I thought about breaking the window to relieve the dog, but then the dog would have escaped and probably died anyway, thus defeating the purpose of my action. I then left to expect the call, which I'm still expecting. I couldn't just stay there and watch the dog die. Maybe the dog died, and I don't think the owner cared one bit. But I'm sure he learned a lesson he will never forget.

Do you see my point. If this was the US you could have dial 911 and they would have been on the seen in 3 mins and they would have BROKEN that window. I do not know about other states, but in Illinois you can be arrested fot this very thing.

Its sucks to feel powerless.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Do you see my point. If this was the US you could have dial 911 and they would have been on the seen in 3 mins and they would have BROKEN that window. I do not know about other states, but in Illinois you can be arrested fot this very thing.

Its sucks to feel powerless.

True. The thing is that there is almost no legislation about it in DR. I think a new law is about to be passed, o just passed, not sure. Once there is legal frame, the next step would be to make sure the proposed "animal police" is indeed formed and funded...and sustained. Then we would be able to call 911 o whatever number they choose. Not holding my breath, though...

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
That's so sad! I'm a dog lover and hate to see them, or any animal, suffer or get hurt. Unfortunately, I don't see animals being a priority any time soon. It's hard to find police officers who are willing to act quickly to defend citizens, let alone animals.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
In a sudden attack of rage, I went back to my car, took this
rark84.jpg
old break pad I had in my trunk (as you do), and proceeded to scratch the hell out of the jeepeta's side. I told the guachiman to write down my phone number and give it to the owner when he returned, and to tell him that I would gladly pay for the paint job if he endured 20 minutes in the same conditions the dog was at the moment (trapped inside a car under the sun).

hahahahaha I dont know what to say. Maybe the owner is scared **** to call you!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xCirPPBOI6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I always carry a spring loaded center punch in my glove box. It will break the window such that is does not spray glass all over and can be pushed in with a gloved hand. Works great and it makes almost no noise. Sure cure for a circumstance like this.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I read an article about one Latin man who forgot his own baby in the car seat for a day. The baby died. When police arrested that man - he said it was never his responsibility to take care of the baby. You are talking about a doggy. Human cruelty and selfishness has no boundaries sometimes. The only person some people think about is their own self.

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I hate it when they bring up the "it's mine" thing. Living beings do not belong to anyone, just as slaves never belonged to their captors. They just thought they owned them. Sometimes I've been on the verge of getting is serious trouble. Once, I was walking on El mirador park, in SD. A bunch of guys had caught a stray dog and were trying to get the scared thing to fight a rottweiler. The funny is that neither the rottweiler, much less the viralata were feeling like fighting. I walked up to where they were and stood in the middle of the circle, and between both dogs, and started yelling things at the low-lives. One of them said the viralata was his because he had given 20 pesos to a kid who allegedly owned it, just to see how long it would take the rottweiler to kill the poor dog. I don't know what came into me, I took the viralata and held him up and carried him away with me. The guys threw some rocks at me and yelled all kinds of things, one of them threw a plumb pipe at me but barely missed. I didn't know what to do afterwards with the dog, I just left him where some other dogs were and walked away until he got the message and stopped following me.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Also, beside the "Spring Loaded Center Punch", an old fashioned "Ice Pick" comes in very handy!
Just remember, the more "Holes" in the more tires, the BETTER! :laugh::p:p
It is also "Silent", and lets the air out so slowly, that the tire won't go flat for hours. :eek::cry::cry::cry:
I use it when I come out of a store, and find a car parked sooooooooooooooo close to the driver side door, that I have to climb in the hatchback
Why do Dominicans feel the need to cluster cars??
A little "Coqui" in their door lock is also "FUN"!!!! :p:p:p
Never Get MAD!!!!!
"Get EVEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCC

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
As an animal lover myself, what you did was commendable, you got the attention of the owner. This was a well taken care of little dog. But..going further and engage in vandalism (expensive too) is not a responsible action in this case.
Also to bring in this country the mentality of... put every body in jail for what I dont like, then it will be like good old U.S.A.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
going further and engage in vandalism (expensive too) is not a responsible action in this case.

I'm aware of that. After I calmed down I realized it. However, we have to draw the line somewhere in what we are willing to put up with. What if it was a child inside? Would we care more? Are we ever going to learn that we as a species are more important than others only in our confused minds? I say, if he learned the lesson, it was worth it. The kind of car and the race of the dog told me a lot about that person's priorities, and I think I hurt him where it mattered most to him. You know, people do far worse things for things far less valuable than a life. It is vandalism because it is against a material thing, it has a name, even maybe a legal term. But when we talk about harming innocents we called cruelty, or some other philosophical, non committed term that we just hear, think a little bit about it and brush off our minds with a shrug before moving on. I think that's sad, and even sadder that we don't do anything to change it.