Want to Live On the Beach? I have to give up my house.. unsafe the way

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Life is bringing me and my family to Santo Domingo in the next week or so, but I am leaving behind a really spacious house right on the beach. Here is my listing.. Barahona : Dominican Republic Rentals : Home For Rent I have prepaid my rent (as most places here expect) so I am trying not to lose out on my 4 months that I will be losing.

Enriquillio is 1 hour from Barahona, and not to be mistaken as unsafe the way Barahona is. I lived right in Barqahona as well, and can tell you that it was very unsafe. I have been in Enriquillio almost 9 months now. It's such a great town. Walk to the stores, to the beach, etc.. I love it here. You don't need transportation as gua-guas pass by the front door. You can go to Barahona, Los Patos, San Raphael, Pedernales, etc;

It's much regret to let go of this house, as there aren't many homes for rent here and one day when I DO come back (Cause I will) I realize I might not have the same opportunity to live on the water, in such a nice house again. But life brings changes.. :)

So come to Barahona, it's cheap, gorgeous, and here in Enriquillio it's safe!

My subject line says "unsafe the way" because my laptop jumps around, and I couldn't find WHERE it was typing when I wanted to say unsafe the way barahona is.. hahaha

Last edited:

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Electricity...

They just put up windmills not too far (2 towns away) and they are working on 24hr lights.. The next town over just got 24 hour lights we are on the list to get it next. They have been working all kinds of hours to put it in place. But we don't have it yet.. Right now we are all day without lights, they come on around 5pm until 9:30am the next morning (most days).

Jennifer

The house is always breezy it's really nice..We can rest during the day without fans due to the air from the ocean.. love it..

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I know that if you think somewhere is safe you are asking for trouble because you wont be taking the correct precautions- and as for silly comments, I beleive criscolon is way ahead of me on that

so it wouldnt really be fair would it to give me an infraction

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
i might be interested , how can i get in touch with you. I assume that it is furnishe

Life is bringing me and my family to Santo Domingo in the next week or so, but I am leaving behind a really spacious house right on the beach. Here is my listing.. Barahona : Dominican Republic Rentals : Home For Rent I have prepaid my rent (as most places here expect) so I am trying not to lose out on my 4 months that I will be losing.

Enriquillio is 1 hour from Barahona, and not to be mistaken as unsafe the way Barahona is. I lived right in Barqahona as well, and can tell you that it was very unsafe. I have been in Enriquillio almost 9 months now. It's such a great town. Walk to the stores, to the beach, etc.. I love it here. You don't need transportation as gua-guas pass by the front door. You can go to Barahona, Los Patos, San Raphael, Pedernales, etc;

It's much regret to let go of this house, as there aren't many homes for rent here and one day when I DO come back (Cause I will) I realize I might not have the same opportunity to live on the water, in such a nice house again. But life brings changes.. :)

So come to Barahona, it's cheap, gorgeous, and here in Enriquillio it's safe!

My subject line says "unsafe the way" because my laptop jumps around, and I couldn't find WHERE it was typing when I wanted to say unsafe the way barahona is.. hahaha

i might be interested , how can i get in touch with you. I assume that it is furnished

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I just added new photos per people's requests.. (Getting quite a few people interested) To answer some of the questions here so that you don't have to PM me.

The weather is always gorgeous.. when it's raining on other parts of the island it's not normally here. We usually get rain around 3-5am in the morning, a big downpour and then it's over. It's awesome. Kids are outside everyday playing.. and we aren't stuck in the house..

I walk to the market (2 blocks away) everyday where I can get my meat and produce. There is a minimarket on the corner (1 block away from the house) which i can find just about everything. There are conchos all over. I walk 2 blocks in opposite direction of the market and can get my chicken. I am about 4 blocks from the "Park" where is the "nightlife" there is also another bar within walking distance near the beach which is maybe 2 blocks away..

We have basketball courts, etc.. They do beach volleyball fairly often.

You do need your own inverter, but that is supposed to be temporary as they are working hard to put in 24 hour lights, and the next town over is already getting 24 hour lights.

I can get out as early as Friday.. :)

Jen