Vehicle Marbete, Placa, y Revista for Dummies

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, This is the best that I can do to try and repay just a little of the help I have received on DR1. This year I finally got it right. The Marbete & Placa are the same thing it costs $1,200 for vehicles before 2007 and $RD 2,200 for 2008 and newer. You need a copy of the Matricula and can go to just about any bank. The Revista is $RD40 and you have to go to Banco de Reservas.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Good Afternoon, This is the best that I can do to try and repay just a little of the help I have received on DR1. This year I finally got it right. The Marbete & Placa are the same thing it costs $1,200 for vehicles before 2007 and $RD 2,200 for 2008 and newer. You need a copy of the Matricula and can go to just about any bank. The Revista is $RD40 and you have to go to Banco de Reservas.

For the Revista you also have to go to get your vehicle checked. I don't know in other places, but in SD you have to go to estadio quisqueya, there is a banco reservas there, BTW. They check headlights, tail lights, hazzard lights, and stuff like that. Many people just buy the sticker to some busc?n, to avoid the hassle of getting the card checked. That's way you see cars that could never pass the revista showing their stickers with pride.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And we talked about this last year.... the marbete reads 2012.......... valid for 2013.

Totally RD......:alien:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
No they do not have them yet. Just pay the 40 or 45 pesos in Banreservas and keep the reciept in your car and you are good to go.

Which goes to prove that they don't care about the car's conditions, just the money they get...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I thunk that the marbete was the insurance card.
Der Fish

There are 4 things you need to legally drive a car in DR: driver's license, insurance (full o "de ley"), marbete (taxes) and revista (roadworthiness). Sobriety and common sense are optional, though

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
There are 4 things you need to legally drive a car in DR: driver's license, insurance (full o "de ley"), marbete (taxes) and revista (roadworthiness). Sobriety and common sense are optional, though

I thought it was illegal to drive if the "Horn" did not work!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I thunk that the marbete was the insurance card.
Der Fish

I think its the window sticker -- dated the prior year.

Here's an RD story:
I bought a car in SD.
Dealer gets the matricula, I need to get the insurance.
I use Banco Progreso , so go to my local branch to sign up (this is the 2nd car going on the policy)

All set they take me outside - they need pics of the car for the seguro.
Oh no, the car is in SD - pics when it comes here.
Oh no, no pics - no seguro.

Can it be that hard to get the nearest SD branch to go to the dealer and photo the car?
YES, it can!!!

3 days later, I have a temporary policy and can drive the car home.
WHEW!!!

The easy is hard, the hard is impossible, the impossible is easy..... True!!

Mods in Training, move this to as many threads as you see fit.......
Worst of the DR
Best of the DR
Residency renewal
Solar???

Just don't mess up my "Cooking Class" threads.:cry:

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I just called my guy at Obras Publicos en Santiago to double who said there are no actual Revistas to pick up there but it was important to keep the receipt for Revista in the car.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Yesterday I was able to get a Placa here in POP. I was the only person in line. YES, Next the Revista, I was the only person in line at the Bank Reserv YES YES. Went to get the sticker with my receipt and was told nop, no stickers this year, just keep your receipt if you are stopped. YES YES and YES. 1,200 peso's for Placa and 45 pesos for the Revista.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I thought it was the Horn and the radio?

Never mind if the car has lights or wheels...

BelgianK