Panorama Village - shooting????

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Anyone have any information on a shooting that supposedly took place last night in Panorama Village? The news I heard was that one person was killed.

They have really good security so this is rather disturbing news, besides the tragic loss of life.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Official news is that an italian-american was shot dead by some guys who entered his house during the night. His bodyguard was also wounded, as was some other american guy. Things are confusing at the moment. Not sure why his bodyguard was a supposed dominican air force lieutenant, and why the PN has not been given total access to the scene by the touristic complex's administration.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Can they hold Haitians who have legit papers to work in the DR in detention? My friend her gardener was also arrested and she went to the police office but they would not release him.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The assailants didn't take anything.It doesn't sound to me like a robbery.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
From what I heard, it was some crazy adult party....

So much for their exclusiveness, and security...

BelgianK

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Since I heard the news, I thought the whole thing was kind of fishy...maybe drug related?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
So why are they arresting Haitians with legitimate papers?

Sounds like an excuse to me.

BelgianK

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased and I hope those injured recover speedily.

Matilda

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So why are they arresting Haitians with legitimate papers?

Sounds like an excuse to me.

BelgianK

More speculation based on heresay and unsupported rumors.

A person with papers does not make that person a good person or does it mean the papers are real. Just a person with papers. Nothing taken... with what is reported that lots of gun fire with security doing some of the shooting I would "guess" that the robbers would like to leave very quickly... empty handed.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Nothing to do with heresay. And of course a Haitian with papers can be a bad person also, just like a gringo.

But to me it seems a perfect excuse to round up all Haitians, with or without papers.

Hopefully they find the ladrones who did this amongst them but for sure all other Haitians without papers will be deported and the ones with papers and with no connection to this crime will have spend a few nights in the cozy jail.:rolleyes:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
In my opnion, once again, an expat murdered who circulated in the wrong environment.

This could have happened all over the world.

arresting all Haitians in the neighborhood, seems a bit over the top to me.

Just saying.

BelgianK

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Police here do this all the time. They arrest anybody and everybody around. You would be surprised how many crimes they actually solve this way by pressuring people. Someone may give them what they need.

But if this was no robbery they won't get anywhere this way.

Jan 17, 2009
Oh gosh, those pics! I'll never get used to nor understand the fascination of the Dominican press to be so graphic. I'm certainly sorry for the people killed and wish they media were more respectful.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Belgiank you are an idiot who knows nothing about these people. It. Was an attempted robbery gone wrong
There was no crazy party or nor were they into drugs as you suggest. Have some respect they are neigjbours of mine.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Belgiank, you should not make your opnion with checking the facts.
These are very good people and it is a robbery!
Have some repects for the death!

Rest in peace Raffelle......