Cheap Car Rentals in Santo Domingo?

I am planning to go to Dominican Republic for 23 days, and I cant seem to find any good cheap car rental places.

I know that Car rentals in the airports and around the capital are pretty expensive, but I also know that there are actually some places that can be found for cheap , but I dont have access to see them online.
Has any one had good rental car experiences without having to swap your pocket out?

:(

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
As usual, what do you mean by cheap? You get what you pay for, be it in price, quality, or service. Not sure if this helps but I have rented cars from Budget for around $26 USD a day on the airport , without insurance (which I would not recommend). I will never take a chance renting a car without insurance in the DR ever again. It is waaaayyy too risky and makes for many sleepless nights if you do not have a garage or carport to park your car. I no longer rent by the week. I only rent on days that I will need a car. I hope this helps and good luck. One more tip, if you do find a rental in one of the "cheap" rental agencies, please do not leave your passport with them as collateral.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Here is the name of a reliable car rental very close to Las Americas Airport. You do not want a cheap rental. You will get a garbage car and not reliable. The last thing you want is to be broken down on the side of the road in SD and not from the area.
Call Edison @ 809-646-4674 or email him at edisoncabral@hotmail.com. He is affiliated with C & C Service Car Rental. If you are going to be mainly driving in the city I would get a small compact car. They will meet you at the airport with the car

LTSteve