Dream Project Will Provide Job Training In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]A few days ago the spokesmen of the 'Dream Project' signed a contract with the municipal authorities of Sos?a. At the meeting at the City Hall of Sos?a, mayor Ilana Neumann, with councilors, teachers Yann Reynaud, Yanlico Munesi and representatives of Infotep were present. The Dream Project is a Canadian organization that does various training projects in Latin America including the Dominican Republic. For Sos?a they want to set up a training plan for young people which can lead them to a paid job. The training will be established in collaboration with teachers from Sos?a and Infotep but are supervised by the Dream Project.[/h]
[h=5][/h] [h=5]The funds will also be made available, to a large extent, by the Dream Project.[/h]

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
For the record, I don't think this is The Dream Project based in Cabarete (A US 501C3 Non-Profit). The Dream Project here does have a job-training program called A Ganar and works with INFOTEP...So the story is a bit confusing...

Last edited:

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
For the record, I don't think this is The Dream Project based in Cabarete (A US 501C3 Non-Profit). The Dream Project here does have a job-training program called A Ganar and works with INFOTEP...So the story is a bit confusing...

My understanding is that it's a continuation of the 'a ganar program'. Definitely the Dream Project.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Then Sosua News got some serious facts wrong... as Dream Project is obviously not a Canadian organization that does training programs throughout Latin America...

I'm shocked! SHOCKED AND APPALLED that the local news might have made such an error.

See you tomorrow, by the way :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sosua News should come out in print so @ least it can be used as toilet paper.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Tam: I'm glad to read something positive once in a while, instead of the defamatory and incendiary ****e that most papers print in this country. If the Sosua News got a few facts wrong, at least they're publishing good news, no?

I'd far prefer a paper who makes a few mistakes promoting a good program than one in a rush to sensationalize a tragic death by printing pictures of the slain.

Don't mean to sound judgmental -- I'm not a fan of the Dominican press this week.