Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why the insane fear for Kermit?

We have noticed it before, but today our cleaning lady demonstrated it once again.

She will gladly crush a tarantula between her bare hands, will bite the head of a rat, eat scorpions for breakfast, and train the big centipedes. But she saw a small frog, and she fled the house.

Is there any reason behind this?

BelgianK

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It was not the toad. This was a 1 inch frog. She called it pajaro, which I thought meant bird..

BelgianK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it's not just maids, miesposo shivers at the sight of a frog and will refuse to touch the little bugger. so i am left to chase frogs around the house and deport them to the golf course. we also have big ass toads in the front garden, he will not even look at them pretties. they may be poisonous, who knows, but they must recognize a friend for i catch those with bare hands too to move them somewhere else. sometimes i sigh and let them stay, they like to hide in the holes left from cutting banana trees. we normally have one resident toad living somewhere in peace.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont get it either, i'm more disgusted (not scared ofcourse) of a cockroach than my wife, but she is extremely scared of frogs.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you learn something new everyday...

Here I have been kissing frogs all my life in the hope of finding a princess...

But I refuse starting to lick toads.... lol

BelgianK

6. Likes bronzeallspice, mainegal liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not know what type of frogs they are but they seem like kind slow fellows: large as my open palm, different shades of brown. when lift up they do not release any kids of liquids, they stay very calm.
    have a certain penchant for dog food: in my in laws finca they spend days and nights behind dogs food bowls, occasionally shooting they tongue out to grab a tasty morsel. dogs keep away but they all live together in peace.
    buggers used to climb in inside my rotties bowl too. dogs looked at them in amazement and barked. no physical contact.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    It was not the toad. This was a 1 inch frog. She called it pajaro, which I thought meant bird..

BelgianK
    Pájaro also means bug or creature.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaita29 View Post
    And bugger

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

~This is perhaps a new "topic" for Matilda's blog...she seems to do detailed research...perhaps there is an old dominican folk tale...similiar to her Mouse of a tooth fairy!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaita29 View Post
    You Dominicans have a crazy way of naming thing!

12. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast