DR1 Suggestion request

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I would like to suggest/request if its easy or possible or desirable to others to have a new feature.

Many times I see a thread of great interest to me as far as the valuable information it contains and I just know one day that information will come in handy.
Problem is when that one day comes I can never find it!

Myself, I have been using a spreadsheet and copy and paste the link with a title but even this is a challenge and overlooked most of the time.

What would be great if is possible would be for users to have a favorites or bookmark option whenever in a specific thread where once clicked it is saved in our personal folder which can be accessed at any time.

I know there are stickys but they are very limited and not specific to the user so this adddition would be much more desireable in my opinion.

Thoughts!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
can't you already do this on your computer? I bookmark threads such as you describe, and keep a bookmarks folder dedicated to them, (dr1 info posts).

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I knew some of you smart cookies would figure this out for me! :)
Thx.
Once I subscribe where can I get to the "control panel" where these are stored?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Make a post in the thread with an unusual word in it, and then - as long as you can remember it - you can search on that term. Quordlepleen?
:D

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I knew some of you smart cookies would figure this out for me! :)
Thx.
Once I subscribe where can I get to the "control panel" where these are stored?

An email is sent when there is a NEW POST in your subscribed thread. If no one posts it will go dormant just like all threads.

I use chrome so at the address bar there is a star in the far right side and when I click on that the thread is bookmarked under favourites.

Make sure you are in the thread you want to bookmark

Feb 7, 2007
EVERNOTE is the answer ... you can retrieve it anytime, anywhere even on mobile devices, and you can even search for content words