Kids Activities in Santo Domingo?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Ok, now that I am coming to Santo Domingo in a few weeks.. I'd love to know what kind of things there are for my kids in Santo Domingo. Of course I know the museum, waterpark, Mega Centro, etc.. I'm looking for things the kids can learn.. Dance, Art, Music, Classes, etc.. Any kind of classes the kids can take? Maybe Sports?

I would also love to know if there are good "gyms" I believe where we are moving is SD Oeste? If that helps..

Thanks so much everyone!

Jen

PS-- Still would love to find someone to take over my lease.. house on the beach in Enriquillio (1 hour from Barahona) Near all the famous beaches in Barahona ;)

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Thank you!! I swear I used the search and nothing came up.. lol.. Thanks so much for helping!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Aquarium is in SD East.
Then "GoWest Young Man" and visit the Zoo, and a MUST is the "Jardin Botanico"
There is a "Train" at both places to ride you around, don't miss the ride at the "Jardin Botanico", FUN, and Educational both!!!!
Cris Colon

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Ok just went through the links.. they were great, but I am more looking for dance lessons, art classes, etc.. Things for kids to learn, and not so much just for fun..

Also any gyms around? Like full service gyms with exercise classes, as well as kids activities?
Thanks!
Jen

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Hotel Dominican Fiesta has a huge pool, and a health club. You can get a daily rate , and use them both.
Look them up "on-line".
Cris Colon

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It depends where you'll be living because of the size of the city! Santo Domingo is full of places offering a vast range of after-school activities, including art and music. Your children's school will probably offer all this and more in its extra-curricular programmes.

e.g. When we lived there my son went to music activities at Gymboree and Crescendo (babies, toddlers up to Kinder) and then at CEMM in Mirador Sur, football ('soccer') at Carol Morgan School, and mountain biking in Parque Mirador (I can get the contact details for the organiser if you're interested).

Centro de Educaci?n Musical Moderna (CEMM)
Calle A.T. Paradas (1 block west of Sarasota/Nu?ez de C?ceres)
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 5182929

There are several ballet schools, the most famous being Alina Abreu on Sarasota, across from Bella Vista Mall.
Ballet Cl?sico Alina Abreu Conservatorio de Danzas

Another music school is DINA in Gazcue.
Estudio Din?

Body Shop and Golds Gym might have special activities for children too. Palacio de Bellas Artes would be the place to ask about art classes.