should I renew provisional residency??

gbarcha

Mar 4, 2009
I have a question about renewing a Provisional Residency. I spoke with my lawyer in the capital
and she wants to charge me 19,000 pesos. Now, the only time I have used my provisional residency is to avoid the overstay fines at the airport and purchasing 1-way tickets.

I did receive a cedula and have been told that this works for normal business affairs (non-travel), even a few years after it has expired. I have no plans to apply for a Permanent Residency as I will live here for a maximum of 1-2 years longer.

My question is the following: In my case should I renew this Provisional Residency?

Thanks.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
For $19,000 pesos you're better off paying the overstay fines! You
won't be in the DR much longer anyway,right?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
You must be mad! Go to the main offices of Migracion. If neccesary have a Dominican speaking friend with you , and do it yourself.

Jan 17, 2009
I just renewed my provisional residency and had to pay a lot more than you did, $650 (with a lawyer from Santiago). I was expecting to get my permanent not a one-year provisional as I did it on time in early August. Needless to say, that it was a very expensive one-year visa and I would not be renewing it again. $1,000 for the first year, $650 for the second year? It's a total rip-off.