Problematic divorce

MarieJo

Oct 7, 2012
I need help because I am very lost. I am a canadian woman married to a dominican since July 2009. I live in Canada and I was coming 2 times a year for very long stay in DR.

During 4 years, by means of numerous subterfuges he hid me his very active doublelife and he maintained multiple and ceaseless relations with other local and foreign women. Furthermore, in the duration of our marriage, he had a child who is borned in July 2011, with a local woman. I know
I did a big mistake: to believe and trust him, but it's too late for regrets.

I want to get a divorce, but there is a problem. We are both partners 50/50 in a business in DR and of course I did the majors investments to start the business.

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Forget the hard feelings you have and get a lawyer to help you to get it done. Be prepared to take some losses, take them as a lesson and forget about it.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I all depends what it is worth to you in the long run. If you are in Canada and he is in the DR I would take legal action and get what you can and then walk away and don't look back. Chalk it up to experience.

LTSteve

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I need help because I am very lost. I am a canadian woman married to a dominican since July 2009. I live in Canada and I was coming 2 times a year for very long stay in DR.

During 4 years, by means of numerous subterfuges he hid me his very active doublelife and he maintained multiple and ceaseless relations with other local and foreign women. Furthermore, in the duration of our marriage, he had a child who is borned in July 2011, with a local woman. I know
I did a big mistake: to believe and trust him, but it's too late for regrets.

I want to get a divorce, but there is a problem. We are both partners 50/50 in a business in DR and of course I did the majors investments to start the business.

You guys are married and 50/50 partners. It doesn't matter who did the major investment!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
When I was getting my divorce, the first thing my lawyers asked me was if I had another relationship, and in case I did, if my wife could prove it to court. Turns out I didn't. But my lawyer told me it would be very hard to save a penny from the the common properties if she claimed unfaithfulness and could prove it, so the best thing you can do is get a good lawyer and together lay out a plan to get the divorce trying to cut the losses as much as possible. Much better if you don't tell him until you have everything set up. By the way, I ,still gave everything up to my ex-wife, but that's only because I would have done anything to get out of my misery, and regain what I think is the most important thing in life: peace.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
By the way, I ,still gave everything up to my ex-wife, but that's only because I would have done anything to get out of my misery, and regain what I think is the most important thing in life: peace.

Bingo. The OP must ask herself "How much money is the rest of your life worth?". Correct answer: "All of it"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Get a lawyer, and the lawyer will be the only "Winner" in this case!
Forget about him, and never come back to the DR again.
Don't they have any "Black Guy's with "Big Ones" up there?
And, what is the name of the hotel where he worked on the "Animation Team"?
Other Canadian girls want to give him a "GO"!
AND,you want us to believe you had no idea what was going on for four years???
"None Are Sooooooooooooooooooooo Blind, As Those Who WILL NOT SEE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Hope you didn't get pregnant, or a "Social Disease" from this guy.
Remember, they "Go BOTH WAYS"!
Better get checked right away!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
If this wasnt so obviously fake I would offer to go and take over your business for sixty percent.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You guys are married and 50/50 partners. It doesn't matter who did the major investment!

The hell it doesn't....

Anyway, MarieJo, in addition to doing things by the book, have a little fun also. I'm very partial to la venganza. Find you a very flaming pajaro por ahi and pay him a little sumptin sumptin to dress, well, shall I say, very pajaro-ish and to show up somewhere where your husband is likely to be around a lot of other men and commence to ask him why he hasnt "been by" to see him, and how can he tell him he loves him and then cheat on him with a woman. At least you'll get a good laugh.

SHALENA

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The hell it doesn't....

Anyway, MarieJo, in addition to doing things by the book, have a little fun also. I'm very partial to la venganza. Find you a very flaming pajaro por ahi and pay him a little sumptin sumptin to dress, well, shall I say, very pajaro-ish and to show up somewhere where your husband is likely to be around a lot of other men and commence to ask him why he hasnt "been by" to see him, and how can he tell him he loves him and then cheat on him with a woman. At least you'll get a good laugh.

SHALENA

Daam. That's just eeeviiiil.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
The hell it doesn't....

SHALENA

Well, that pajaro should wear flats and be ready to run like Felix Sanchez!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Well, that pajaro should wear flats and be ready to run like Felix Sanchez!

That may be...but there will always be doubts about her husband in the minds of his friends, whether they tell him or not. With most Dominicans, you only need to plant the idea of the "possibility" in their heads and they run with that themselves. They may not say anything directly to him but they will act differently and there will be "colorful" conversations about him when he is not around......

SHALENA