Computer geeks I need help

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Bad or dirty keyboard? You can buy one of those air cans to blow a little under the keys. But if I were you, I'd replace the keyboard. They are usually very cheap.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
On some laptops it is very easy to swap the keyboard out. I had to replace one recently where too much force was used to hit the keys and it pushed through and broke the switches.

If you do a Google search for the model of laptop including the words keyboard replacement and tutorial, you might get lucky and find a simple method.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
the keyboard is dirty so I'll try an air can and if that doesn't work I reckon I have to buy a a USB keyboard.
Thanks guys

A cleaning might not cost much. They'll take it apart and clean the contact points for the keyboard.

If you google it, chances are someone has posted how to clean your particular laptop.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
dirty or banged-up keyboard, you can try cleaning, or can connect an external USB keyboard (wired or wireless). Plaza Lama has a decent selection from $20 - if you decide to go that route, I have a cheap USB wired keyboard lying around, practically new, never got to use it, - you can have it for $10.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
A USB keyboard is the best bet and also the least problematic. Replacing a problematic keyboard can be a hassle if you do not know how.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The usb method will solve your problems but for a perfect solution you merely have to Google replacement keyboard (computer model) and you'll probably get a you tube video of how it is done. The replacement keyboard you will get on amazon and it will be shipped here via Vimenpaq.