Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackouts are back - Welcome to Santo Domingo!

Just heard the planta kick in again, hence this post.

I live in an "alleged" 24x7 sector (Julieta) in Santo Domingo. Talking to the neighbors and they are saying whilst I was away in China for 10 days, they have been experiencing 4-5hr blackouts daily.

I have been looking at cutting back my time in the DR dramatically, especially Santo Domingo as the traffic is a nightmare, the new residency renewal rules are pathetic, prices are rising and I honestly see no hope.

Foreigners have so many other alternative places to live, this one included

2. Likes donP, Eddy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So where is it for you... Colombia?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    So where is it for you... Colombia?
    I travel so much these days, I have no idea??? hehe

The only place I would consider if I was going to start again here is Punta Cana.

I will be in Colombia for a few weeks at the end of the year, lets see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

The only place I would consider if I was going to start again here is Punta Cana.
    Is the electricity supply any better in Punta Cana ... presume yes, for hotels with generators, but how about apartment blocks ?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking about Uruguay

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Just heard the planta kick in again, hence this post.

I live in an "alleged" 24x7 sector (Julieta) in Santo Domingo. Talking to the neighbors and they are saying whilst I was away in China for 10 days, they have been experiencing 4-5hr blackouts daily.

I have been looking at cutting back my time in the DR dramatically, especially Santo Domingo as the traffic is a nightmare, the new residency renewal rules are pathetic, prices are rising and I honestly see no hope.

Foreigners have so many other alternative places to live, this one included
    On traffic I don't agree, I think it has improved a lot, but on prices, blackouts and the immigration rules I agree 100%, there doesn't pass a day that my wife and I don't discuss if we should find a way to move to the states or back to Europe, or if we have no other choice than stay.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"BOSTON" is looking better & better these days!!!!
    Section 8 housing, "Obama Care",Food Stamps,Free cel phone,Fuel Oil Assistance,Catholic Charities,why pay when you can get everything FREE???
    Got my EEDESUR bill today, ONLY 18,000 pesos!
    And with POOR SERVICE too!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

9. Likes Jumbo, acmike liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Dreamer View Post
    Is the electricity supply any better in Punta Cana ... presume yes, for hotels with generators, but how about apartment blocks ?

It's first world and run by private generators.
    A little more expensive, but guaranteed.

11. Likes Emerald Dreamer liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You MUST get MORE AIRCONDITIONERS, AND, run them all the time!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Why complain about the electricity?

This month I went to pay my bill, to be told I did not pay for August as yet. I went to the car, got the bill and prove of payment and showed it to them. They apologized, AND CUT ME OFF THE NEXT DAY.

So back to the office... they apologized, and it took them 2 days to reconnect me. AND THEY CHARGED ME A RECONNECTION FEE.

Just got the new bill. It says I did not pay for september. Oh well... back to their office again. I am thinking of cancelling my rental contract and just live in the Edenorte office.

Went to cancel my Orange Flybox contract, which was ended. Of course they could not do this in Sosua, so I had to drive to POP. There they told me I had not paid a deposit, while I paid a 2 month deposit. Went back to the office in Sosua, and there they showed me, on their computers, I had paid a 2 month deposit. Solution... call 555 option 7 option 0...

There we go again... Mind you, the office of Orange in POP is nicer to live in...

BelgianK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast