good casa de cambio in punta cana

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Caribe Express in Bavaro. They have two spots, both in Fruisa. One is right next to the Texaco station in Fruisa. Current rate is 39.26.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Caribe Express in Bavaro. They have two spots, both in Fruisa. One is right next to the Texaco station in Fruisa. Current rate is 39.26.

~Agreed!!! best in the area with the highest rate for conversion...we have used both locations

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The one by Solo Pollo moved? I was just there 3 weeks ago.

There are two spots in Bavaro. One is next to the Texaco station and the other is past Solo Polo almost to the end of the street. Just after the new car center. That one just opened.

One more thing to add. If you go to the CE next to the gas station next to it is Vimenca. They are have a war with Caribe on the exchange rates. Whatever CE put up they pay one peso more. But the advantage in Vimenca now is that there are two separate windows only for exchange. So you never have to wait more than a coulple of minutes. Caribe E gets packed with people sending money, so it takes a lot longer there.

For now Vimenca is best there. Slightly higher rate and much nicer doing busines inside there now. It is remodeled.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
There are two spots in Bavaro. One is next to the Texaco station and the other is past Solo Polo almost to the end of the street. Just after the new car center. That one just opened.

One more thing to add. If you go to the CE next to the gas station next to it is Vimenca. They are have a war with Caribe on the exchange rates. Whatever CE put up they pay one peso more. But the advantage in Vimenca now is that there are two separate windows only for exchange. So you never have to wait more than a coulple of minutes. Caribe E gets packed with people sending money, so it takes a lot longer there.

For now Vimenca is best there. Slightly higher rate and much nicer doing busines inside there now. It is remodeled.

Im talking about the one in Plaza Las Brisas, behind Solo Pollo and the Orange store. I got 39.35 3 weeks ago.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just found a new one just around the corner from the Texaco station. 39.35 and no hassle with Cedula or Passport. Two windows and top rates.

Maciek Dziewo

Oct 25, 2012
Where and how much exchange is the best way to change dollars for the first 3 days? We arrived late night and take 3 days in Hotel near the Laguna Bavaro. It isn't near the centrum. Change some at the airport,how much, ,whats the course?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Where and how much exchange is the best way to change dollars for the first 3 days? We arrived late night and take 3 days in Hotel near the Laguna Bavaro. It isn't near the centrum. Change some at the airport,how much, ,whats the course?

Never change money at the airport. You will get clobbered with the rate. Not to mention the hotel will rob you even worse. Look for an exchange house near your hotel. You will get better rates at an exchange house than even a bank.

Right now in Bavaro the right rate is 39.46 to the dollar, give or take a few pesos.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope you will have here. do not hesitate to reach out in case of problems. i live next door to a polish consul in puerto plata.
baw sie dobrze.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
The cambio in Plaza Brisas is still there as of a week or so ago. They still offer an exchange rate slightly higher than the rates you'll find online. I got 40.20/US$ when I was there.

Do not, I repeat, do not exchange money at the airport, unless you want pesos for a taxi or the Expreso Bavaro.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
The cambio in Plaza Brisas is still there as of a week or so ago. They still offer an exchange rate slightly higher than the rates you'll find online. I got 40.20/US$ when I was there.

Do not, I repeat, do not exchange money at the airport, unless you want pesos for a taxi or the Expreso Bavaro.

They dont ask for ID either . I always use them.