Carmine survived Somalia but not the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
His neighbor poisoned his dog and yet the police refused to do anything about it.They could careless,it is very sad.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
He states that he is ex military......................
This story isn't over yet..............It's just beginning...........

B in Santiago

Dec 26, 2011
He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.- Immanuel Kant

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Those guys get very attached to those dogs. Its very sad but I hope nobody gets killed over a dog.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
It seems like the neighbor had easy access to his backyard.It doesn't mention anything about a fence.

Dec 26, 2011
Those guys get very attached to those dogs. Its very sad but I hope nobody gets killed over a dog.

Agreed. She's worthy of pity, not execution. She was most likely abused herself and has no self-respect. If she did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
If I were him, I would make up with her, by bringing her a nice, big piece of cake, laced with ratpoison...

BelgianK

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Fence - no fence - doesn't matter.

We had a lovely female Boxer on our property, neighbors threw something over the fence and killed her. That was almost 20 years ago, we never replaced her.

Last March we adopted a Rottie from Sosua, fabulous dog, our caretaker is very protective of him. When he's not at his side, the dog has the run of a 35' x 20' enclosed/raised patio, far from the wall.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Fence - no fence - doesn't matter.

We had a lovely female Boxer on our property, neighbors threw something over the fence and killed her. That was almost 20 years ago, we never replaced her.

Last March we adopted a Rottie from Sosua, fabulous dog, our caretaker is very protective of him. When he's not at his side, the dog has the run of a 35' x 20' enclosed/raised patio, far from the wall.

Now that is just cruelty to animals.Why was it necessary to throw,most likely a piece of salami laced
with poison over the fence!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Now that is just cruelty to animals.Why was it necessary to throw,most likely a piece of salami laced
with poison over the wall!

Why? Because the dog scared them, and they used to raid our finca of plantanos, mangoes, limones, avocados, etc. One time they stole a bunch of yuca, and replaced the tops so it wasn't realized until picking time.

It's been better the past 10 years, since we hired a Haitian caretaker. They're afraid of him - they're sure he does voodoo [he doesn't]. He encourages their beliefs - he actually drew some crazy, meaningless, design near our gate, and told one of the neighbors it was a protection hex. They believed him. He thought that was hilarious.

Hey, whatever works is okay with me.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Why? Because the dog scared them, and they used to raid our finca of plantanos, mangoes, limones, avocados, etc. One time they stole a bunch of yuca, and replaced the tops so it wasn't realized until picking time.

It's been better the past 10 years, since we hired a Haitian caretaker. They're afraid of him - they're sure he does voodoo [he doesn't]. He encourages their beliefs - he actually drew some crazy, meaningless, design near our gate, and told one of the neighbors it was a protection hex. They believed him. He thought that was hilarious.

Hey, whatever works is okay with me.

Ha ha ha! I agree with you,whatever works,bunch of thieves!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I had a dog poisoned once. Broke my heart. Im glad I never knew who did it because I would be in jail today.

One of the things that is dumb about doing something like that in the DR is that unless there are witnesses you probably wont be convicted of a crime. Hence that leaves you open to something like that happening to you.

Semper Fi Carmine.

Status
Not open for further replies.