Moving to Cab early next year, should wife, dog and I apply for residency now?

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
I think I'll have a hard time convincing the custom guy that we'll only be there for a couple of weeks with wife, dog, and windsurfing gear!
Should I start the process now (Denver) or is it easier there and fly back at some point?

I've read a lot of residency thread and it looks like knowing the right guy is key :classic:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for a small fee i could get my dominican dog marry your gringo dog and then you may all apply for citizenship, cheaper and easier, apparently :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't you worry about that. my dog is a rottweiler. no judge will have the guts to bend over and look between her legs to check...

mangla34

Jul 2, 2012
I dont' think you will have a problem. I arrived in July with a 55" Flatscreen, 4 Suitcases and 2 carry-ons. The customs guys didn't say a thing. But he did ensure I was taxed on the TV.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
IF they ask for something it would be a Returnflight Ticket which is by Law required for Visitors, IF they ask for it.
more likiely they won't, but your Departure Airport Airline may do so.
here they just check that you have the 10 Bucks of Visa Fee paid, and Hey, Chihuahuas are excepted from da Toursit Fee, I don't know about Rottweilers crossing Borders.
how much luggage you bring is not of any interest for Immigrations, you first pass Immigrations anyways before you even get your Dog and Windsurf Gear and other suitcases.
interested in many Gear will be Customs, but as such small Family you are just a Surfer Freak on Vacation with the Nanny(some bring even their Wife) and Kittens and of course your beloved Surferdog, such is nothing new down here, pass with a smile and don't offer any Bribes, a Bribe offered makes just suspicious.
oooh, not to speak a word of spanish helps even better, but don't forget to be polite and SMILE.

good luck

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
DV,
great Idea, married to a Dominican Rottweiler the new Doggy will get the right to apply for Dominican Citizenship and then can bring in His/Her Family Members(Mommy, Daddy, Babies etc etc) to get DR Passports right away, a cheap process and no residencies and similar Joder necessary.

Mike