Testing Partial Closure Of Pedro Clisante

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]Two weeks ago, entrepreneurs of the Pedro Clisante street got together. They decided to set up the Association of Entrepreneurs of the Pedro Clisante. The objective is to try to make (in collaboration) the Pedro Clisante more attractive to the public. Last Tuesday 2 October the association had a meeting with mayor Ilana Neumann. This was a very positive meeting where the mayor promised full cooperation.[/h] [h=5][/h]
[h=5]There were many topics discussed, but the main thing was the plan to close the main street Pedro Clisante at weekends (as a test) for traffic. The Pedro Clisante will be closed for traffic from Friday to Sunday from 6 pm until the next morning. This applies to the area between the Happy Bar and the Bermuda Bar (Fat Herman). This experiment should start in November. If the street is closed to motorized traffic, the restaurant owners can extend their terraces into the street. Visitors can then undisturbed by noise and exhaust fumes enjoy their dishes. Furthermore, more activities will be organized, including performances by musicians (classical, jazz, blues).
The board of the association consists of the owners of the Merenguebar, Bar el Flow, Schnitzel Paradise Restaurant, Restaurant Tipico Alberto and Fashion Shop Damaris. It is expected that other entrepreneurs will join the association.[/h]

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Great news! I hope the experiment is successful.

So do I. The plan sounds good, including providing entertainment.

Also, I think having the business people forming an association to work together to make Pedro Clisante more attractive to visitors and locals is a very positive step.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I hope it's a big success... now if they could get playero to allow the use of their parking lot, there could be reasonably secure and easy parking with walk thru access to pedro clisante via the driveway at mundo2/tropical cafe :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I hope it's a big success... now if they could get playero to allow the use of their parking lot, there could be reasonably secure and easy parking with walk thru access to pedro clisante via the driveway at mundo2/tropical cafe :)
Another idea is to cement in the "Big Dig" across from The Shark Bar and create a muni lot, wait that takes money....ooops.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
That will solve all of Sosua's problems. I predict Sosua will be the next exclusive destination, outpacing the Hamptons, Palm beach, Bermuda and St Tropez .I can hear it now "honey, lets not go to the Cayman"s, I hear they are closing the main street in Sosua and it sounds totally FAB"

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
Sounds great! Just the fact that the business owners are starting to get together to improve the town and their businesses instead of going it alone is amazing.

May 29, 2006
The street has been closed for festivals plenty of times and it always made it more welcoming. There is no need at all for motorized traffic at night there. It's great when they set up a stage and have live music sponsored by Presidente.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
good idea but maybe it should be followed by re-organisation of surrounding streets? yesterday i came to sosua in my little carrito, i was worried about parking close to rocky's (not so good at it) because i had no idea how to come back to the main road - so many streets are one way and quite narrow due to high pavements and deep ditches.
close the street, great, but do not make it hell for the drivers, especially visitors who may not know sosua well.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
good idea but maybe it should be followed by re-organisation of surrounding streets? yesterday i came to sosua in my little carrito, i was worried about parking close to rocky's (not so good at it) because i had no idea how to come back to the main road - so many streets are one way and quite narrow due to high pavements and deep ditches.
close the street, great, but do not make it hell for the drivers, especially visitors who may not know sosua well.
When they close PC you should automatically be taken back to the main road, so no confusion.
:)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so now the motos will sit at the end of the road like vultures on a limb like they do in boca chica ? its annoying..

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

just do what the locals do, and drive in the wrong direction... lol

BelgianK

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you guys scared me so much with tickets in sosua that i stop at all lights there :)