Info needed to return to dr missing the island!!

chrissynicks

Mar 2, 2011
Hi there everyone!
I wanted to get some help on a couple things to help me return to dr. I was living there for 10 months and absolutely loved it. I made the mistake of coming home and now I need residency and more to get back.
If someone could please tell me what exactly I need for the residency. Every website i've seen it's all different info.
Also does anyone know where I can find email or phone contacts for sunwing office in Punta Cana.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hi there everyone!
I wanted to get some help on a couple things to help me return to dr. I was living there for 10 months and absolutely loved it. I made the mistake of coming home and now I need residency and more to get back.
If someone could please tell me what exactly I need for the residency. Every website i've seen it's all different info.
Also does anyone know where I can find email or phone contacts for sunwing office in Punta Cana.

Come again as a tourist and find a Dominican girl you like and ask her to marry you!

It will be simpler and less expensive than all other options!

But this option will soon become harder as well, since a lot of expats are also finding that route as the easiest way to stay in the DR. As long as you have no kids on the short term with the wife, you can later divorce and carry on...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Call your nearest Dominican consulate and ask them, most agree that residency must be applied for from home.

You do NOT need residency just to vacation there, or stay there for a couple of months. The tourist card is good for 60 days, and they're still just charging overstay fees when you leave.

You didn't say if you're moving back or visiting, so it's hard to tell exactly what you need.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I am living here and have decided not to seek residency for now. It seems to complicated and expensive. I'd rather pay the exit fees. I'll be traveling to the States every 2-4 months anyway.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Come again as a tourist and find a Dominican girl you like and ask her to marry you!

It will be simpler and less expensive than all other options!

But this option will soon become harder as well, since a lot of expats are also finding that route as the easiest way to stay in the DR. As long as you have no kids on the short term with the wife, you can later divorce and carry on...

I really, really hope you're joking. That's a ver third worldish advice if you are not.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Call your nearest Dominican consulate and ask them, most agree that residency must be applied for from home.

You do NOT need residency just to vacation there, or stay there for a couple of months. The tourist card is good for 60 days, and they're still just charging overstay fees when you leave.

You didn't say if you're moving back or visiting, so it's hard to tell exactly what you need.

I am sure where you got the Tourist Card is valid for 60 Days information.

All of the exit tax information clearly say 30 Days.

A Tourist Card is good for 30 days.

Publishing incorrect information is at best confusing.

The exit TAX follows.

DS

I know some information posted in support of Dominican Embassies say it 60 days. There are wrong!

VENTANILLA EXTRANJERIA:

Menor de 30 dias Hasta 3 meses RD$800.00 -
Mayor de 3 mese Hasta 9 meses RD$1,000.00 -
Mayor de 9 meses Hasta 1 a?o RD$2,500.00 -
Mayor de 1 a?o Hasta 1 a?o y 6 meses RD$4,000.00 -
Mayor de 1 a?o y medio Hasta 2 a?os RD$5,000.00 -
Mayor de 2 a?os Hasta 2 a?os y 6 meses RD$6,500.00 -
Mayor de 2 a?os y medio Hasta 3 a?os RD$9,000.00 -
Mayor de 2 a?os Hasta 5 a?os RD$14,000.00 -
Mayor de 5 a?os Hasta 7 a?os RD$17,000.00 -
Mayor de 7 a?os en adelante por c/ a?o adicional RD$500.00

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR has a "LAW" about anything, and everything you can imagine!
Seatbelt law,talking on cell while driving law,drunk driving law, beating you "significant other"/children law,playing music TOO LOUD law,running red light law.
That's what makes life here sooooooo pleasant!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The "Non-Enforcement Law", I mean!!!!!!!!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Documents needed for residency process

Hi there everyone!

1.) Birth cerficate with apostille seal(international seal recognized by the DR as an authentic document)
2.) Copies of all the pages of your passport.
3.) If you are married, marriage certificate again with apostille seal
4.) Criminal background check and fingerprints with apostille seal on letter attached to the results.
5.) All have to be translated into Spanish
6.) If you have access to DR Consulate you can have documents translated there
7.) Hire an attorney in the DR, You can not do this process without one
8.) You will submit to a chest ex-ray, blood and urine tests
9.) Once everything is submitted and found complete by immigration you will wait up to a year. This process will probably cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500-2000.usd

VERY IMPORTANT. The key for this process to go smoothly is to get all the documents in order before you get to the DR. Also without the apostille seal the documents will not be accepted as valid.

Good luck.

LTSteve

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
1.) Birth cerficate with apostille seal(international seal recognized by the DR as an authentic document)
2.) Copies of all the pages of your passport.
3.) If you are married, marriage certificate again with apostille seal
4.) Criminal background check and fingerprints with apostille seal on letter attached to the results.
5.) All have to be translated into Spanish
6.) If you have access to DR Consulate you can have documents translated there
7.) Hire an attorney in the DR, You can not do this process without one
8.) You will submit to a chest ex-ray, blood and urine tests
9.) Once everything is submitted and found complete by immigration you will wait up to a year. This process will probably cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500-2000.usd
You may want to explain why is a lawyer needed...It would seem that any help would be for filling up the necessary forms, particularly for people who don't know Spanish (assuming the forms are not available in other languages), and this would be more a translator's job...after the forms are submitted (with appropriate documentation) there is little else to be done, AFAICS.