Anti-Climb Paint?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Does anyone know if they sell Anti-Climb paint in DR? Ive looked online and only see it being sold in the UK; and no one will ship to US. It could be illegal to use here. Basically it is paint that never dries. You apply it on a fence (top part) and anyone trying to climb over will not be able to get a grip.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
cuello y fondo de botella de vidrio

Does anyone know if they sell Anti-Climb paint in DR?...You apply it on a fence (top part) and anyone trying to climb over will not be able to get a grip.
Had not heard of such paint...nevertheless it reminded me of the "greasy pole" game (palo ensebado) which is known in the DR and many countries around the world...If it was a small fence, I suppose one could perhaps make a greasy fence using the same "sebo" used for the game.

Greasy pole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The standard Dominican "solution" for your purpose is to insert glass (for example from broken bottles) along the top (the edge) of a (concrete block) fence.

A famous bachata song, La pared, makes reference to this custom...the man in love says...
Aunque me le pongan vidrio
cuello y fondo de botella
voy a volar la pared
para estar al lado de ella

(even if they put in glass...bottom and neck of bottles...I'll "fly over" the wall to be with her)

(*) joe veras can someone translate this for me please

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
It is actually for a piece of my roof; well not the roof exactly but a roof eave. If someone were to get on that then they have easy access to my bedroom window on the second floor.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
It is actually for a piece of my roof; well not the roof exactly but a roof eave. If someone were to get on that then they have easy access to my bedroom window on the second floor.

Put Barbed wire or grease mixed with paint. You can smear it on with a putty knife.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Save $$$

Does anyone know if they sell Anti-Climb paint in DR? Ive looked online and only see it being sold in the UK; and no one will ship to US. It could be illegal to use here. Basically it is paint that never dries. You apply it on a fence (top part) and anyone trying to climb over will not be able to get a grip.

Just throw a blanket over the top of the fence........... et voila.:mad:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
hammer a bunch of nails half way into the eaves and facia board, then cut off the tops at an angle with a pair of heavy wire cutters to form spikes.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Fakir's Delight

hammer a bunch of nails half way into the eaves and facia board, then cut off the tops at an angle with a pair of heavy wire cutters to form spikes.

That is attracting all the fakirs.... :laugh:

donP

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Get a HUGE dog!
Dominicans will be detured by a dog, NOT by PAINT!
And you can play with the dog.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Come on Criss! You know what they'll do to the dog,throw some poison salami and it's over.

Dec 26, 2011
I have a bad feeling about this property for you. Short of installing steel bars(donP), do you have opportunity to move to a place where you feel more at ease?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
To the op I wouldn't worry about it buddy as i understand you are in a good area. :)

On top of that if you install an infrared system with an alarm and have a small dog in the house and a contract with a local security provider like Delta you will never have a problem as long as you are aware of who you allow into your home and life.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Chip, you should be ashamed of that kind of foolish information.
A "Good Area" is where crooks go!
Just ask "Willie Sutton"!
"Google him"!
Getting a "Security Provider"(Oxymoron in the DR by the way) is like getting the "Fox to guard the hen house"!
Your "Misinformation" about "Life,and Living In The DR", is as useless as "Yapaski1's" foolishness about "Cost-of-living" here and "Saving Energy"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, you should be ashamed of that kind of foolish information.
A "Good Area" is where crooks go!
Just ask "Willie Sutton"!
"Google him"!
Getting a "Security Provider"(Oxymoron in the DR by the way) is like getting the "Fox to guard the hen house"!
Your "Misinformation" about "Life,and Living In The DR", is as useless as "Yapaski1's" foolishness about "Cost-of-living" here and "Saving Energy"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The private security providers here in my part in Santiago have done their job and I haven't heard anything otherwise from my neighbors.

Unlike some I actually talk to most of my neighbors and local business owners. It's a good way to find out what going on so get rid of that arrogant look and fear of your strong accent and get out there and be sociable! :)

Sep 4, 2012
Unlike some I actually talk to most of my neighbors and local business owners. It's a good way to find out what going on so get rid of that arrogant look and fear of your strong accent and get out there and be sociable! :)

Muy bien!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If somebody really wants your stuff, no fence or dog will stop them.

Several layers of deterrence is the best solution:

• fences
  • dogs
  • lights
  • bars
  • locks
  • etc.

Just don't give folks a reason to WANT your stuff.

Oh, insurance...:cheeky: