Rattan Furniture

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
We are looking for nice rattan furniture for indoors( well ,outdoor later)
that doesnt cost a fortune :confused:, livingroom furniture, with nice cushions.

I see it most of the condos for sale that come furnished. Some of it might be made of a plastic but still
looks really nice and stands up well.
Where do we find this?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I bought the furniture, then picked out the fabric and had the cushions made.
You get much better fabric,and "Stuffing", when you buy it yourself
Looks great!
There is a whole thread by "SKing"about "Rattan Furniture" in the "Cental DR Forum"
Check it out!
CC

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Thanks, I saw that other thread.
I was hoping to find somewhere closer to purchase.
I love the idea of picking out your own fabric :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
most of the furniture stores in the P.C. area have rattan furniture. Not sure if all of it is suitable for eventual outdoor use. Unicane in Friusa had a lot to choose from. I bought some bedroom furniture there, they were good to deal with... SAME DAY delivery. (followed us home to deliver it). I got my terrace furniture from Bamblu (spelling?) It has cane like weaving as decoration on the sides and back, but the frame is metal and the seats and seat backs are fabric covered foam.

as for price???? it's ALL expensive, so good luck!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As for picking your own fabric - upholsterers are a dime a dozen and they have fabric ( tella, I think).

Get the furniture raw and add the cushion/fabric .... CCCCCC's cushions would be pretty well squashed by now and a bit 'cigar like' too.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
CptnGlenn,
Bamblu is closed now, both locations. They were kind of pricey but you could negotiate a good deal.
I got an outdoor table and chairs there, lamps too.
Ive never been to Unicane?, where exactly is that in Friusa?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
bamblu closed???? it's a shame. they were pricey, but had a lot to choose from.

Unicane is past the Texaco, on the road toward Macao it's on the left side. Can't be sure exactly how far, I recognize it by sight.

I just took a look on Google Maps satellite view to see if I could recognize it. If I'm not mistaken, it's on Av. Estados Unitos about 2.6 km past the Texaco toward Macao. It's on the bend in the road just a little before the turn toward Macao at the Power Station. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE YOU RELY ON MY DIRECTIONS. There's an entrance driveway with the store on the left side and a bigger building (warehouse?) behind. If I remember correctly, they have a pretty big sign on the gate.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
bamblu closed???? it's a shame. they were pricey, but had a lot to choose from.

Unicane is past the Texaco, on the road toward Macao it's on the left side. Can't be sure exactly how far, I recognize it by sight.

I just took a look on Google Maps satellite view to see if I could recognize it. If I'm not mistaken, it's on Av. Estados Unitos about 2.6 km past the Texaco toward Macao. It's on the bend in the road just a little before the turn toward Macao at the Power Station. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE YOU RELY ON MY DIRECTIONS. There's an entrance driveway with the store on the left side and a bigger building (warehouse?) behind. If I remember correctly, they have a pretty big sign on the gate.

I'll check it out , thanks