Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Possibly the most frustrating shopping concern

Is there any websites that I can search for appliances, furniture, home goods for stores located in the DR that actually list their prices.. I understand that prices change frequently here but you would imagine some of the bigger store could hire an employee to change their website prices on a weekly basis.. This makes shopping such a hassle for me because I'm the type of person who prefers not to haggle around too much if possible.. anyone seen any sites that have prices on them ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You are asking far too much. The short answer is no. It does not exist and probably will not in your lifetime.

That said La Sirena has a web site that has a few items on it.

Tienda La Sirena - Más de una emoción

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Is there any websites that I can search for appliances, furniture, home goods for stores located in the DR that actually list their prices.. I understand that prices change frequently here but you would imagine some of the bigger store could hire an employee to change their website prices on a weekly basis.. This makes shopping such a hassle for me because I'm the type of person who prefers not to haggle around too much if possible.. anyone seen any sites that have prices on them ?
    Dream on....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again......
    Disagree if you wish......... you will get more efficient, better working 'white goods' in the US.....w/ more options.

The stripped down items-no ice maker , water dispenser, etc really knock the $$$$$ down and work better here.

Buy from Home Depot or Lowes... use the free shipping option to send it to any mudanza and have it arrive at your door for about $300 shipping/delivery.

no muss, no fuss, no surprises

5. Likes Patron, Acira, waytogo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Here we go again......
    Disagree if you wish......... you will get more efficient, better working 'white goods' in the US.....w/ more options.

The stripped down items-no ice maker , water dispenser, etc really knock the $$$$$ down and work better here.

Buy from Home Depot or Lowes... use the free shipping option to send it to any mudanza and have it arrive at your door for about $300 shipping/delivery.

No disagreement on that at all. It is THE way to go.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    The problem is that not many Dominicans shop online; I don't think that is even in existence in DR. Most people by in B&M stores. So stores aren't going to spend time or money updating a website which probably will just be a waste for them.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Here we go again......

Thank you Windy..... AND... little to no effort... it arrives COD for the shipping

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

the only consideration there is the lack of warranty. not sure if that's an issue or not ... or even if the warranty on locally purchased appliances are worth the paper they're written on, but it's a consideration.

10. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnGlenn View Post
    the only consideration there is the lack of warranty. not sure if that's an issue or not ... or even if the warranty on locally purchased appliances are worth the paper they're written on, but it's a consideration.
    That is an issue I have long since decided to ignore. But it is a potential issue if you think a warranty here has any value.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    What do folks think: Would a container load of used Fridges and washing machines and kitchen stoves sell here?
    KNow a Guy who brings one into Panama every month.
    Der Fish
    If you could sell them cheaper than the lowest quality new ones sell for you will have a huge market..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast