Puerto Plata Province hotels?

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012
We are looking to spend a couple of nights in the Puerto Plata Province in early November 2012. I?ve read the reviews, and guidebooks, and websites about these places, and from what I?ve read I?ve narrowed it to Mary Rose Condo Apartments in Sosua, Tubagua Eco Lodge on Ruta Panor?mica (Highway 25), and Casa Caribica Sanssouci in Cabarete. Based on everything that I?ve seen, any of these should suit our family of 2 adults and 3 kids fine.

Is there anything negative about any of these that I need to know about? Especially, anything recent that would not make it into the guidebooks? Any other hotels that is similar to these that I should consider?

Thank you!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Right next to Sanssouci is the Velero Beach Hotel, considerably nicer accommodations.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
The hotels are located in completely different environments. Be flexible if you don't like the place or neighborhood and be ready to move. Since you have never been here, book and pay for only a couple days and indicate you may stay longer. imho... If you are only going to be here for a couple of days, you should be ok as long as your expectations are moderate and you have a car.