Driver in Sosua

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
I was asked to do this thread for those folks who reside or visit the North Coast. The Drivers special qualifications are in the DR1 Ad & the thread Driver Concierge Translator in the Central form.
Good Evening, As per multiple requests here is the price list:
$99 driving in the Santiago Area up to 10 hours
$9
9 Airport pickups in Santiago to Lifestyle $115 Puerto Plata from Santiago
$125 Sosua from Santiago
$135 Cabarete from Santiago
Contact: yoursantiagodriver@gmail.com for other quotes. Check out our FaceBook page

NOTE: The prices include fuel and tolls. It is requested that a cash payment USD be made upon pick-up. Your Santiago Driver also has a Diamond Member Price Smart Card if any shopping is desired in Santiago De los Caballeros.
He is available the evening of October 28 and all day October 29 & 30 in the Sosua/Puerto Plata area

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I was asked to do this thread for those folks who reside or visit the North Coast. The Drivers special qualifications are in the DR1 Ad & the thread Driver Concierge Translator in the Central form.
$9
$125 Sosua from Santiago
Contact: yoursantiagodriver@gmail.com for other quotes. Check out our FaceBook page

NOTE: The prices include fuel and tolls. It is requested that a cash payment USD be made upon pick-up. Your Santiago Driver also has a Diamond Member Price Smart Card if any shopping is desired in Santiago De los Caballeros.
He is available the evening of October 28 and all day October 29 & 30 in the Sosua/Puerto Plata area

Hmmmm not be sceptic. But what tolls do you pay with these routes??

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Come on, you do have to pay 25 pesos to drive out from the airport's parking lot. Plus them kids with a rope across the road...

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Plus them kids with a rope across the road...

I see you drive thru Jamao alot.

To the OP. What kind of vehicle is used for travel around Santiago and will the driver do 10 hour day trips if gas and food is provided? Not talking the Capital but La Vega, Villa Tapia or Moca. And does the driver allow beverages in the vehicle?

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, Your Driver is out with a client on a day shopping trip right now but the vehicle is a recently refurbished Suzuki Nomade Escudo mid sized SUV. It is like a Vitara but diesel. It has 4WD and excellent AC & sound system. I will ask him about the other questions and post the answers.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning Jumbo, There is an open alcoholic container law here which holds the driver responsible so except for that other beverages are OK. Regarding trips to La Vega, Villa Tapia or Moca the answer is yes as long as food/fuel is provided.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, The Professor HB and others here have advised about the power of the internet. But I was surprised to hear from Pedro Your Santiago Driver that Thursday after a Santiago airport pick up and run to Lifestyles he went to Sosua to do more research he was standing beside his car. A man came up to him and asked isn't that the car on Facebook for Your Santiago Driver? When Pedro said yes he was hired for a tour of Sosua and Cabarete!

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
$9
$125 Sosua from Santiago

I'm soryy, i aswell dont want to be skeptic, but is this not just an AD!!!!!! These prices are just way off, i'm sorry to tell people the truth!!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'm soryy, i aswell dont want to be skeptic, but is this not just an AD!!!!!! These prices are just way off, i'm sorry to tell people the truth!!!!!

Way to help the young guy out, I guess a PM would have been too much work?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The guy is an honest bidness man whose Dad is very active in the community, that's all i'm sayin'.
I am sure you'll get the dr1 discount if you refer your clients to him.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
The guy is an honest bidness man whose Dad is very active in the community, that's all i'm sayin'.
I am sure you'll get the dr1 discount if you refer your clients to him.

Tambo, Please tell me/us, who is his dad so we can contribute!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

I don't agree w/ you -- $10 an hour for driving around Santiago? $99 for 10 hours??

Sounds good to me.

Airport runs seem in line w/ the compettion - yup, a bit high IMO but thats the rate set by the drivers - not this driver.

All in all.... seems OK.

You must know than I do... and Pedro too, I guess.

Post a picture of yourself so if he sees you looking for a ride or help at the roadside, he'll know what to do.

Hang a sign around your neck..
"My name is TAMBO"

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Tambo has been a great help with good advice and counsel we owe him a debt of honor. As have WW, HB, and others. So far it appears that the clients like a 6'2" inch 220 lb. American who can answer questions about the country.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
TT knows his way around...
I do not and never have, used public transportation/taxis here............... except for yesterday when I took my first guagua ride from Nagua to Cabrera (80DRP)

The door could not be shut - didn't work..... how these things roll down the road all day baffles me.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Can't mess with success....the guy is busy...his dance card is filling up fast...

A truly unique service when you think about it. A guy who has actually studied the area, got the prices, and "knows" ins and outs. A person who looks solid, speaks the language, is versed in what he offers...there are not many, if any in the entire country.

You can hire a Wackenhut or Delta Security person but then you need to provide transportation, food, and of course, you have to speak Spanish...

All told it is a bargain!!

HB

Barbel

Jan 20, 2013
Hello
2 of us need a ride from the Santo Domingo Airport to a resort in Cofresci Beach #1 on Febr. 23, at 2PM. How much is the cost and what can we exspect concerning the driver and car? You where recommended to contact by another person.
Barbel