Buying Furniture in Santiago

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Hi All. Need to start buying some furniture and was wondering who has excellent quality at a reasonable price. Leaning towards modern or rustic caoba, but not so much the traditional stuff. Thanks.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I bought my furniture at Muebles Monegro and some of the others joints along Autopista Duarte. Good price and quality.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I bought my furniture at Muebles Monegro and some of the others joints along Autopista Duarte. Good price and quality.

Ive been told that it is better/cheaper to get the furniture at the factory which sells it to the big stores. Is Muebles Monegro a factory?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Ive been told that it is better/cheaper to get the furniture at the factory which sells it to the big stores. Is Muebles Monegro a factory?

Yes, they are. They even did some small modifications I needed done before delivery. I think the factory is right there near La Vega and they have different stores in different cities, but I've seen their furniture for sale at some other stores too.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I too think the traditional stuff is very uncomfortable and looks worse then my grandmothers antkes . This ? Has a lot do with your personal tast . I have never just gone in and bought a whole room of fernacher in one place . I shop and am pichey . It also depends on your plans and who you are is this a place where you well be spending your retirement ? Short stay vacations come and go? going to be in collige for a few years ? All that needs to be taken into consideration . Oooo and ofcorse budgit . Resanible to who trump or a teacher . All so what part of town you live in , you well not want nice stuff if it well not be safe in your naberhood .

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I have heard Monegro is pricey, but good quality. I was planning to check them out, but also wanted to comparison shop. I will check them out.

Cheers!

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
There is a place just out side of town hading to the air port on the right it is a black bilding . Very nice stuff go there you well love the quality and style .

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that the Monegro factory is in Burende which is about 5 km before the turnoff for Jarabacoa...and about 3 km after the toll booths, going towards La Vega...

HB