Looking for inexpensive place to stay!!

K

Kathy

We (myself, daughter 5 and sister and her son 4) will be in Dominican Republic on Aug 5th originally we were supposed to stay with family memebers in santo Domingo. I was just there by myself and I stayed with my family. I was very uncomfortable. The place wasn't big enough and they didn't have running water. I being so use to NY cannot spend three weeks this way. If there wasn't enough room for me alone there will not be enough room for all 4 of us. My family tried to make me as comfortable as possible and they insist that we stay with them however, that is impossible. We are looking for somewhere that is not too expensive and that just has a real bathroom with running water and preferably airconditioning.It doesn't have to be a top hotel or anything since we are only basically going to use the place to sleep and shower. We will be out so much during the day that it doesn't need to be a fine resort or hotel. Looking in the area of the Santo Domingo because we will be taking caribe tours to visit many friends in other areas such as, Mao, Barahona,La Romana, Puerto Plata and other places in the capital. Sorry this is so long I just wanted you to get an idea of the situation. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

S

Sofy's B&B

You could check with Plaza Toledo, Bettye's Cafe & Galeria & Exclusive Geust Quarters....located at 163 Isabel la Catolica and her e-mail is bettyesplazadr.com Some of my guests stayed there while in S.D. and were happy...

T

trina

Hotel Jerusalem is in Zona Colonial. They have cable, hot and cold water, air conditioning, and comfortable rooms for about $25 US/night. If I find the phone number, I will post it later. Good luck!

J

Jason

If/when you go to Puerto Plata, you may consider stopping at Sam's Bar and Grill to get recommendations and or directions and assistance. If you want air conditioning, there is the Portofino guest House, Hotel Victoriano, and Hotel Latin Quarter. If you want personalized service, Sofy's B& B. There are many more. If you want basic and inexpensive, but safe, Hotel Castilla.