House of the grid...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I am considering to buy a piece of land, which continuously has a nice breeze. I would like to build a house on it, but heard from the seller that it will probably have around 8 hours a day of luz from edenorte.

Therefore I am thinking about taking it of the grid completely, and to go solar, possibly wind, or combined.

We are talking a 2 bedroom house, 2 bathroom, no air, just fans, fridge, freezer, tv, 2 comps, pumps for the well, and a pool.

Can anybody give me the rough idea of a prize?

Yappie, do not bother.

BelgianK

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A class D circuit from Edenorte is the worst I know of and that normally has 12 to 13 hours of power each day. DonP has a system that would probably fill your needs in the summer months.

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
I am considering to buy a piece of land, which continuously has a nice breeze. I would like to build a house on it, but heard from the seller that it will probably have around 8 hours a day of luz from edenorte.

Therefore I am thinking about taking it of the grid completely, and to go solar, possibly wind, or combined.

We are talking a 2 bedroom house, 2 bathroom, no air, just fans, fridge, freezer, tv, 2 comps, pumps for the well, and a pool.

Yappie, do not bother.

BelgianK

Urbanisacion AMBAR in Moca is high class.
24 h electricity.
Company : Incovisa, a well known company, very good reputation.
3100 DOP por M2.

Splendid vieuws : the 2 cordilleras and a daily breeze from the east.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
24 h electricity.
3100 DOP por M2.

You must be joking. Why would I pay 80$ sqm for land in Moca? Besides, that was not my question. I know the piece of land I want to buy, I just want an estimate on the price for a solar installation for the kind of house I described.

BelgianK

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
D circuits have 12 or 13 hours a day. Usually it is split in two parts. With a decent inverter it is manageable. I have a 5kw I think and 12 batteries and can run a normal household on that. The electricity bill is around 1000-1500 a month. Why don't you check out the area in Sabaneta on the Edenorte site and see exactly how much electricity it has really had over the last year then you can make a decision. There are only 2 circuits in Sabaneta, one is a B so has plenty of electric and the other is a D with outages of 8-11 hours a day

Portal de Circuitos - CDEEE

Maybe you didn't understand the seller and he meant 8 hours with no luz a day

Matilda

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have my costs but they're old... my panels are now about $600 (not $1300)

Sounds like you need 6-8 panels but let the experts advise you....plus installation.

You need somebody to do it - there is a table/questionnaire that helps you determine your needs....
Windy and Ringo are more 'hands on' than I am.

Havind said that, there is a true comfort to knowing that you will NOT lose power - even in a hurricane

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You must be joking. Why would I pay 80$ sqm for land in Moca? Besides, that was not my question. I know the piece of land I want to buy, I just want an estimate on the price for a solar installation for the kind of house I described.

BelgianK
That was not very nice the guy was just making a suggestion.IM sure he doesn't know about your phantom Aston Martin

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, he does....

Isn't the RR that has the Phantom ??

Yes it is, but I still have to call it an old dude's car... Nice looking car on the outside, but the inside looks like a British castle.

And @ Pauleast... If I ask about the cost of a solar installation around Sabaneta, why does somebody try to sell me an overpriced piece of land in Moca? If he wants to play inmobilaria, he should take out an ad. And I never said I owned an Aston Martin. Who would want one?

I am just the kind of guy who likes to know the cost, before I begin at something. When you build, the only thing you are sure off, is the price of the land you bought. The price of the actual house will be the price they quote you + 30% for unexpected costs, or alterations you want to make yourself. So, if WW would tell me, f.e., I would need around 10K for the solar, I would calculate 13K. Anything less would be nice dinner money.

BelgianK

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK, here goes ..... Old prices circa Oct 2008

10 Panels ... say 700 each
Outback Controller ~ 700
Mounting Hardware - 1000
Inverters
MultiPlus 24/3000/20-24V..2000 each ( how many?)

Batteries .. AGM, 2v/800ah (2400ah) 379 each (again, how many)
But go deep here b/c adding later is difficult.......... I have 36
Battery Racks= 300 each

Plus wire and labor... not significant...

Figure from there Peter

I actually found my old file ..

WW

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
24 h electricity.
3100 DOP por M2.

My apologies. Maybe I did not understand your question very well.
Sincerely.
Hiram.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Solar... continued.

Yappie, do not bother.

BelgianK

If you have not read the threads: :cheeky:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/126506-p-like-photovoltaics.html
http://www.dr1.com/forums/environment/125977-changed-solar-wow.html

Then you should. :D

Lot's of good information from some good people with just about anything/everything that you need/should know. Good Luck.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
D circuits have 12 or 13 hours a day. Usually it is split in two parts. With a decent inverter it is manageable. I have a 5kw I think and 12 batteries and can run a normal household on that. The electricity bill is around 1000-1500 a month. Why don't you check out the area in Sabaneta on the Edenorte site and see exactly how much electricity it has really had over the last year then you can make a decision. There are only 2 circuits in Sabaneta, one is a B so has plenty of electric and the other is a D with outages of 8-11 hours a day

Portal de Circuitos - CDEEE

Maybe you didn't understand the seller and he meant 8 hours with no luz a day

Matilda

BelgianK,

We live in Sabaneta with a similar setup to Matilda (5KW inverter and 12 batteries). 4 bedroom house (no pool) and run pretty much everything except AC off the inverter. This is normally fine other than when there is a problem with the power for other reasons such as the transformer in the street breaking down.

Adrian

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
BelgianK,

We live in Sabaneta with a similar setup to Matilda (5KW inverter and 12 batteries). 4 bedroom house (no pool) and run pretty much everything except AC off the inverter. This is normally fine other than when there is a problem with the power for other reasons such as the transformer in the street breaking down.

Adrian

I am going to be bringing down a shipment of panels within the next two months. They are mono 235 watt panels. $325 each. They can be picked up in Samana or shipped for a fee. I can also show you the same panel currently operating and their output.