Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default House of the grid...

I am considering to buy a piece of land, which continuously has a nice breeze. I would like to build a house on it, but heard from the seller that it will probably have around 8 hours a day of luz from edenorte.

Therefore I am thinking about taking it of the grid completely, and to go solar, possibly wind, or combined.

We are talking a 2 bedroom house, 2 bathroom, no air, just fans, fridge, freezer, tv, 2 comps, pumps for the well, and a pool.

Can anybody give me the rough idea of a prize?

Yappie, do not bother.

BelgianK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A class D circuit from Edenorte is the worst I know of and that normally has 12 to 13 hours of power each day. DonP has a system that would probably fill your needs in the summer months.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This is in Sabaneta, and 12 hours is a luxury there.

BelgianK

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    I am considering to buy a piece of land, which continuously has a nice breeze. I would like to build a house on it, but heard from the seller that it will probably have around 8 hours a day of luz from edenorte.

Therefore I am thinking about taking it of the grid completely, and to go solar, possibly wind, or combined.

We are talking a 2 bedroom house, 2 bathroom, no air, just fans, fridge, freezer, tv, 2 comps, pumps for the well, and a pool.

Can anybody give me the rough idea of a prize?

Yappie, do not bother.

BelgianK
    Urbanisacion AMBAR in Moca is high class.
    24 h electricity.
    Company : Incovisa, a well known company, very good reputation.
    3100 DOP por M2.

Splendid vieuws : the 2 cordilleras and a daily breeze from the east.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HIRAM View Post
    Urbanisacion AMBAR in Moca is high class.
    24 h electricity.
    Company : Incovisa, a well known company, very good reputation.
    3100 DOP por M2.

Splendid vieuws : the 2 cordilleras and a daily breeze from the east.
    You must be joking. Why would I pay 80$ sqm for land in Moca? Besides, that was not my question. I know the piece of land I want to buy, I just want an estimate on the price for a solar installation for the kind of house I described.

BelgianK

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Message William Webster. He is off the grid and give you all the info you want.

Lindsey

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

D circuits have 12 or 13 hours a day. Usually it is split in two parts. With a decent inverter it is manageable. I have a 5kw I think and 12 batteries and can run a normal household on that. The electricity bill is around 1000-1500 a month. Why don't you check out the area in Sabaneta on the Edenorte site and see exactly how much electricity it has really had over the last year then you can make a decision. There are only 2 circuits in Sabaneta, one is a B so has plenty of electric and the other is a D with outages of 8-11 hours a day

Portal de Circuitos - CDEEE

Maybe you didn't understand the seller and he meant 8 hours with no luz a day

Matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my costs but they're old... my panels are now about $600 (not $1300)

Sounds like you need 6-8 panels but let the experts advise you....plus installation.

You need somebody to do it - there is a table/questionnaire that helps you determine your needs....
    Windy and Ringo are more 'hands on' than I am.

Havind said that, there is a true comfort to knowing that you will NOT lose power - even in a hurricane

9. Likes frank12 liked this post
    *** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    You must be joking. Why would I pay 80$ sqm for land in Moca? Besides, that was not my question. I know the piece of land I want to buy, I just want an estimate on the price for a solar installation for the kind of house I described.

BelgianK
    That was not very nice the guy was just making a suggestion.IM sure he doesn't know about your phantom Aston Martin

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he does....

Isn't the RR that has the Phantom ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast