Flights From Russia To POP?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]There are now direct flights from Russia to Punta Cana. In 2008 about 50,000 Russian tourists visited Punta Cana.[/h] [h=5]Transaero in Punta Cana[/h]
[h=5]In 2011 the number had risen to 180,000! The President of the Dominican Republic, Danilo Medina promised representatives of the hotel industry in Puerto Plata that he will endeavor that Puerto Plata is included in the flight schedule. He made the promise during a meeting in the National Palace, where representatives of the tourist industry of Haiti, the Dominican Republic and the Russian ambassador (stationed in Venezuela) were present. The ambassador said that the Dominican Republic is an attractive destination for Russian tourists and that he will endeavor to expand the number of flights to the country.[/h]

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I had more than a couple locals tell me about this. They were very excited stating that from Moscow some of these flights would fly direct. Good news!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I had more than a couple locals tell me about this. They were very excited stating that from Moscow some of these flights would fly direct. Good news!!

No flights coming yet. The President said he was going to try to get Russia to send flights to POP. Time will tell.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Apparently, one planned flight from Moscow, originally scheduled to start in late October, was cancelled and will go to Punta Cana instead. On the other hand, a new flight from Prague is in the works, and also another flight from Russia starting in January.