Deportees

S

Sammantha

Can anyone tell me if there is aid or assistance offered to citzens recently deported back to DR? I am searching for informaiton for someone who will be returning in the next 2-4 weeks. He has not live in DR for 25 years. What he is in most need of is transitional/temporary housing that is fairly inexpensive. He has family but he needs housing and employment to get settled in until he can find/get in touch with his family. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

G

Grahame Bush

I have not heard of anything & am very doubtful if such a service exists. Where is your friend likely to be going in the DR? Where was his family the last time he communicated with them (& how long ago?)? Why is he being deported & what line of work is he looking for (important for any prospective employer?

If he is coming to the North Coast, drop me a line on my e-mail address with the above information & I will see what I can do - if anything. Good luck - Grahame Bush.

H

hillbilly

Deportees...Man, what a can of worms!

It seems that the majority of deportees are people that have served time for drug related offenses or other major crimes.

Once they spent time in either a federal or state correctional institution, they became proficient at most persuits, and upon their forcible return to the DR, these persuits were exercised to the utmost!.

Most people here attribute the uprise in violent crime to:a) Drugs; b) passion; or c) returning Dominicans with nasty habits.

The DR police have neither the will nor the manpower to control, trace, or even assist in any way, these deportees.

HB