Is mass "bumper sticker" advertising legal?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
There's a site here in Miami that basically advertised by sticking bumper stickers virtually anywhere: highways, streets, bridges, electric poles, trees, etc. If it sticks, then chances are there would be one there. They literally put them anywhere and everywhere.

Is this type of advertising legal in DR? At least to me, it doesn't matter if they're ripped off and thrown away, but I'm wondering if that can be done without getting into trouble.

THanks.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Well, windshield stickers are OK, even when you hardly see through. And why bumper, go for 360? wraparound

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You mean sticking these stickers all over the place except on cars, right? I got in trouble as a kid placing stickers of my fathers company all over the place in the town I grew up in...anyway, I don't think it's 'legal' in DR, it would probably be considered pollution, just as they are taking down illegal billboards currently, but I don't think 'they' will care enough to do something about it.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Taxi companies litter my street with stickers on trash barrels, concrete trash can structures, electricity poles and walls. Ditto politicians in season.

I enjoy tearing them down when I walk my hounds.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"VM"
You better "Get With The PROGRAM" if you are ever going to be successful here in the DR!!!!!!
You do whatever you want!
If you are ever told by anyone with authority to actually stop,(VERY DOUBTFULL!)
You "Pay Them Off" and keep doing Whatever You WERE Doing!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
For what its worth I suggested that to a local a week ago - to advertise a business. I did not ask if it was legal. She told me you can't do that. However, I have seen these kinds of ads in my sector - they are the size of a full sheet of paper - not bumper sticker sized.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
lol yea, this can be done easily, not sure how effective this type of marketing would be here.. it's a completely different world business wise.. I'd say 90% + of all marketing is done word of mouth, whereas in the US it's closer to 10% .. that's the only reason I can make a living being an internet marketer in the US, while LIVING HERE.. maybe I'll be criticized for living here but not working here HAHA. Btw, the only online avenue I would consider for "DR" marketing is facebook, friend spam is going to be the future in DR marketing, same thing in most latin american countries, regardless of how many iphone 5s there are here :)