Coral Costa Caribe Beach Hotel - Juan Dolio

L

Lee

Hi

We are planning to get married in the Coral Costa in Feb 2003. Can anybody provide an insight into the resort,or even marriages on the island.

Kind regards

Lee

H

hillbilly

Please check the archives on "Marriage" Also

check for Costa Coral, as it has been mentioned quite a bit here.

Good Luck

HB

&

"El Grandullon"

I was married here 6 years ago.You didn,t say if one ,or both of you are dominicans,do you want a religious or civil ceremony? I,or should I say WE,My wife is dominican,went to the district "city hall"paid 1,500 pesos,was only 500 if both are dominicans,talked to the judge who for 800 pesos more came to the hotel with the "BOOKS" to be signed to legalize the marriage.
I suggest you have a "Personal" ceremony here,exchange vows,profess your undying love,the band plays,the fiesta begins,and have a civil ceremony in your country of residence before or after your dominicn "wedding"

Good luck&

Congratulations

"EL GRANDULON"

A

ADI

just got back from my 2 weeks at this "Butlins"
My advice ....this hotel is 2+stars really and you should think about a better quality place..I wouldn't go again, niether would anyone else i spoke to while there...Sorry!!!

D

Doreen

why wouldn't you go back? What did you experience that you did not like it? I am just curious because I have been working there until last year and somehow I still feel related to the hotel.

A

ADI

Hi,
It was very populated even in this their low season, lines for all food, line for booking that took 1.5 hours every day. Mega exspensive excursions. Overcrowded pool, overcrowded beach where it,s not possible to find a sun lounger that's not broken.Sunfish and winsurfers..only two of each due to all the others being broken. Lifts not working,and when they were they were filthy. General decor and standard of workmanship not up to 4* standard. I know it's a developing country but if they want people to go back they must clean up the country and their hotel standards. At present DR get alot of people like me who haven't been to that area of the world and DR is cheapest in area..hence we go to explore. I have been across Africa and i can tell you that small tribes and large squatter townships take more care of their surroundings and cleanliness, and thier hotels are better, infact,I recently went to Thailand where hotels are brilliant, spotless with excellent service and that's a developing country too, but the locals don't try to rip you off.
The chocolate friends were really nice and their shows are west end standard, but they are like Butlins holiday camps Redcoats from yesteryear, they even have the HiDiHi song and greeting style format.. and very good at it they are too.....if thats what you want from your holiday great, but I for one left Butlins behind years ago.