32 LG LCD 17295
Sony LCD 19875

CORRIPIO
32 Sony LCD HDTV 21995 Corripio 720p LCD $558 TVSo-KDL32BX320 60 MHZ 720P $558
32 Samsung LCD 60refresh 720 Model TVS-LN32D430 Corripio 21995 $558

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Where do you see Plaza Lama prices online. Did search and went to plazalama.com and nothing. :(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You REALLY need to know what you are buying!
Many of the "LCD" TVs sold here are older models that do not have the picture definition, or "refresh rate" of those now being sold in the USA.
Prices ARE lower, but still nowhere near prices, or quality, of "First World Countries".
AND, as was mentioned already, they are sometimes "Re-Furbished" units.
That, it itself is not a major drawback, but is not reflected by a lower price.
"LED" units, with "Full High Definition" are still very over priced.
"Buyer Beware"!....and, "EDUCATED"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Many of the "LCD" TVs sold here are older models that do not have the picture definition, or "refresh rate" of those now being sold in the USA.
Prices ARE lower, but still nowhere near prices, or quality, of "First World Countries".

I got a really good deal at La Sirena almost a year ago for a 32 inch sony bravia flatscreen, 17.5k pesos more or less, it was the same exact price as buying the US counterpart online.. it was for some sale they were having with 20% off all electronics.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Go to Plaza Lama's facebook page.

The prices here have come down while shipping is still $500.

I don't think its that much.... my last shipment in Sept was $750 for a tanque, 40"LED TV, Weed Whacker, stereo and many other things.
Tanque plus 6/7 items......... all for $750.... I complained and he pointed to all my electronics.... + coffee maker, car repair parts.

Awilda was the shipper

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

you are, as usual, right on point. try buying some laptops here. write the model number down, then do a google. sometimes you find that it is some model that was discontinued 5 years ago. you cannot even buy it in the States, only in places like Guatemala. second thing is that they never tell you if you are getting new, or refurbished. i am aware that refurbished sometimes can be every bit as good as new, but tell me the truth , and do not charge me for a new unit.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Always open the poly wrap bag with instructions. The guarantee is usually there too and usually stamped NULL and VOID this item is refurbished.

Matilda

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

100 % correct. And to add, stay away from Plaza Lama, they are the biggest contributor to the above post.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Yesterday, after I fought over my wife's passion for Korean drama and my son's hot dog chants wanting to see Mickey's Playhouse. I gave up and watched the NYG-WAS game over Slingbox. I am talking to my wife about getting new TV for master bedroom. I am kicking myself now for not bringing LED TV like many have suggested. :(

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Just got shipping prices 32" 250 40" 450 42" 500. Takes 3 weeks.
For those who would/do buy here would you buy at La Sirena or Corriopio?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
why is shipping so much? is it the taxes??? Is it insurance??? The new generation LED screens are feather weight, so it's not the weight.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I asked if it made a difference if it is LCD or LED and they said no. I think it's all the duty.
Prices were with Awilda and Montero.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
why is shipping so much? is it the taxes??? Is it insurance??? The new generation LED screens are feather weight, so it's not the weight.

I asked if it made a difference if it is LCD or LED and they said no. I think it's all the duty.
Prices were with Awilda and Montero.

I am sure it is the duty. When I asked casually to EncargoPaq about bringing in TV's they said it was a major hassle with customs.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just got shipping prices 32" 250 40" 450 42" 500. Takes 3 weeks.
For those who would/do buy here would you buy at La Sirena or Corriopio?

Shipping prices are from where to where and door to door?

The prices I received it didn't make sense to ship as in the end the final cost was the same. I understand you take a gamble of possibly getting refurbished but you also take a chance shipping a TV which will not be under any guarantee.

I just purchased an LG 42LS3400 basic LED TV. I could have bought the TV from Amazon for $500 plus let's just say $500 shipping from NYC area. I paid a little under $1,000 here and after opening the box and checking my serial number with LG I did indeed purchase a new TV and not refurbished. I didn't have to wait three weeks for delivery so I was pleased with my purchase here.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Shipping prices are from where to where and door to door?

The prices I received it didn't make sense to ship as in the end the final cost was the same. I understand you take a gamble of possibly getting refurbished but you also take a chance shipping a TV which will not be under any guarantee.

I just purchased an LG 42LS3400 basic LED TV. I could have bought the TV from Amazon for $500 plus let's just say $500 shipping from NYC area. I paid a little under $1,000 here and after opening the box and checking my serial number with LG I did indeed purchase a new TV and not refurbished. I didn't have to wait three weeks for delivery so I was pleased with my purchase here.

Where did you buy it?