Do Not Buy Palliser Brand Furniture at Hache

Status
Not open for further replies.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
We bought a very expensive Palliser leather couch at Hache.
It came with a 5 year warranty.
After 2 years the couch started ripping in 7 or 8 places.
I contacted Hache to get it fixed/replaced under the 5 year warranty.
Hache kept contacting Palliser and after 6 months they said we abused the couch.
There is no way 2 adults sitting on a couch, no children or pets would rip a couch.
On their facebook page Palliser says they send someone out to investigate. Never happened.
While everyone is worrying about TV warrantys that's a $1000 purchase. This was over $2500.
Be very careful where you buy your furniture and avoid the Palliser brand at all costs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would think that leather in this environment would be a bad idea. Sorry about the lack of warranty support.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
There is no word for warranty in Dominican Spanish.

Yes there is.. I've had this same exact thing happen to me at Baer's furniture in the US. The issue is the manufacturer of the furniture, your best bet is going directly to them and complaining about the inferior quality of their product. Absolutely no furniture store, Dominican or other, is going to take back a couch after 2 years if the manufacturer does not honor the guarantee..

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Leather will last here as long as the people using the furniture never sweat. Leather furniture hates sweat.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you should only have leather furniture in DR if you are rich enough to replace them every few years. :( the temperature and humidity does not do them well.
and i would chase the manufacturer little more. send few more emails to HQ, poke them a bit.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have two leather chairs here in Santiago after almost 7 years with no visible damage. Yet the sofa was done in because of the sweat in only 3 years.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I paid 36,000 for a leather recliner here in Santiago which was part of a 300,000 purchase. The leather fell apart in 6 months, and you would think they would take care of a good customer...........nope.......ate it.........
Still looking for someone qualified to recover.........anybody know anybody good........lol
Oh, the leather was so thin i could have used it with my printer, but you couldn't tell this until it fell apart.
At this same store I purchased a tv stand for 8,000........came with a 1 year guarantee...........
after 1 month the rubber on the casters came off in pieces......
called the store and they said the casters weren't covered.........only the wood..........
I replaced the casters for better ones.....cost a lousy 300 pesos..........for 4........
I was looking to purchase a new bedroom set from them, cost..............350,000............
Never purchased, never bought from them again...........
lost a good customer forever and told them why...........they couldn't care less........
So Chip, from what I have personally experienced and heard...........warranties suck here...........
I will sit on cardboard boxes before I ever purchase furniture here again............
Now I have more money for the ladies..............lol.....:)

B in Santiago

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Palliser the company who made the sofa is a Canadian company. The 5 year warranty is from them. The sofa came from their plant in Mexico. Seems Palliser is known for never honoring their warranty by blaming the customers. I don't know how they can say 2 adults sitting on a couch which is made for sitting on is abuse. I am surprised Hache buys from them and accepted them blaming the customer.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
see, i think dominican shops do not care about that. but i am surprised about the reaction of the manufacturer. earlier this year i bought in a dominican shop faja for exercise. waist trimmer, in english, i believe: a big wide belt to wear while you exercise. made from something rubbery with a thin layer of fabric. about a month later the fabric started to separate from the rubbery stuff.
i emailed the manufacturer saying i was disappointed in the product. they wrote back the same day they are sorry i am not happy and that the belt should not be separating/breaking. asked me for an address to send a replacement. i said i was in DR and the purchase was done here but i have a postal address in miami. they send me not one, but two new belts! with a message they are truly sorry and they hope it will compensate.
not even one question about the proof of purchase (i did not have any). no question about sending pictures to prove my case (i offered to do it thou). just a great customer service... VALEO is the manufacturer.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
CHIP, I "KNEW" you were a "SNIFFER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There IS a word for "warranty"in,"DOMINICAN",.It,s,......"No es "MI" problems!!!!
that"s all you will get in the DR.
AND, I "garantee" that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHIP, wanna buy my old "undies"?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
CHIP, I "KNEW" you were a "SNIFFER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There IS a word for "warranty"in,"DOMINICAN",.It,s,......"No es "MI" problems!!!!
that"s all you will get in the DR.
AND, I "garantee" that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHIP, wanna buy my old "undies"?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

lol.. it must really suck getting run over on a daily basis..

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Speaking of guarantees, I've returned things at La Sirena, Omegatech and Cecomsa and of course many ferreterias.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I returned a faulty desk chair to La Sirena after 4 months, the base for the wheels cracked (maybe i'm too fat). They replaced the entire chair and haven't had a problem for 6 months now.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Speaking of guarantees, I've returned things at La Sirena, Omegatech and Cecomsa and of course many ferreterias.

I bought a blender at La Sirena. Not the cheap kind, as it costed me 3,600 rds. After 7 days the blade froze up (did not want to budge anymore), so I put it back in the box, took the receipt with me, and took it to La Sirena. There I was told they only guarantee electrical equipment for 5 days. I argued this was not an electrical problem. Same story, only 5 days. Offered to buy a new blade. They did not carry parts. You do not use a blender every day, so maybe we used it 3 times. You call that service?

I bought a Bosch drill at a ferreteria in Jarabacoa. It lasted about 3 holes. No guarantee, as it worked in the ferreteria. You call that service.

PPPPLLLLEEAAASSSEEE, Chippie, admit not everything is perfect here, and that guarantees here suck.

BelgianK

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"THAT","Belgian" will happen, when they DO honor guarantees here in the DR!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrrrrrr, when "Chippie" believes that women have the "Right To Choose"!
NOT BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question, is "PeeCharDough" banned?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Haeh?

There is no word for warranty in Dominican Spanish.

"Que es eso.......?"

queeseso.jpg

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.