Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Not Buy Palliser Brand Furniture at Hache

We bought a very expensive Palliser leather couch at Hache.
    It came with a 5 year warranty.
    After 2 years the couch started ripping in 7 or 8 places.
    I contacted Hache to get it fixed/replaced under the 5 year warranty.
    Hache kept contacting Palliser and after 6 months they said we abused the couch.
    There is no way 2 adults sitting on a couch, no children or pets would rip a couch.
    On their facebook page Palliser says they send someone out to investigate. Never happened.
    While everyone is worrying about TV warrantys that's a $1000 purchase. This was over $2500.
    Be very careful where you buy your furniture and avoid the Palliser brand at all costs.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no word for warranty in Dominican Spanish.

3. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that leather in this environment would be a bad idea. Sorry about the lack of warranty support.

5. Likes Criss Colon, anng3 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Yes there is.. I've had this same exact thing happen to me at Baer's furniture in the US. The issue is the manufacturer of the furniture, your best bet is going directly to them and complaining about the inferior quality of their product. Absolutely no furniture store, Dominican or other, is going to take back a couch after 2 years if the manufacturer does not honor the guarantee..

7. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you learn Spanish before making such a claim.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Leather will last here as long as the people using the furniture never sweat. Leather furniture hates sweat.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

you should only have leather furniture in DR if you are rich enough to replace them every few years. the temperature and humidity does not do them well.
    and i would chase the manufacturer little more. send few more emails to HQ, poke them a bit.

11. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two leather chairs here in Santiago after almost 7 years with no visible damage. Yet the sofa was done in because of the sweat in only 3 years.

13. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I paid 36,000 for a leather recliner here in Santiago which was part of a 300,000 purchase. The leather fell apart in 6 months, and you would think they would take care of a good customer...........nope.......ate it.........
    Still looking for someone qualified to recover.........anybody know anybody good........lol
    Oh, the leather was so thin i could have used it with my printer, but you couldn't tell this until it fell apart.
    At this same store I purchased a tv stand for 8,000........came with a 1 year guarantee...........
    after 1 month the rubber on the casters came off in pieces......
    called the store and they said the casters weren't covered.........only the wood..........
    I replaced the casters for better ones.....cost a lousy 300 pesos..........for 4........
    I was looking to purchase a new bedroom set from them, cost..............350,000............
    Never purchased, never bought from them again...........
    lost a good customer forever and told them why...........they couldn't care less........
    So Chip, from what I have personally experienced and heard...........warranties suck here...........
    I will sit on cardboard boxes before I ever purchase furniture here again............
    Now I have more money for the ladies..............lol.....

B in Santiago

15. Likes bronzeallspice, anng3, frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no (Acceptable) word for warranty in Dominican Spanish................

17. Likes Criss Colon, waytogo liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast