Looking for a map

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Everytime I go to Santiago I want to find a bunch of different stores.. but usually end up driving around for hours and finding 1 or 2 that I was looking for and end up eating dinner at chef pepps depressed.. Is there a map that has all the roads of Santiago with the actual stores listed on it?

Looking for stuff like Radiocentro, ferreteria ochoa, the biggest furniture stores, the malls, pricesmart etc, this would be absolutely awesome if I could track one down.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Pedro...your concierge will show you the ropes.

You and he are a match made in heaven... exactly what he does...educate newcomers

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Pedro...your concierge will show you the ropes.

You and he are a match made in heaven... exactly what he does...educate newcomers

this actually sounds like a great idea.. just spend like 8 hours driving around and taking notes on where everything is.. thanks

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I like to take the map on wheels, also known as motoconcho.

You flag one down, tell him where you want to go, and follow him in your car. For 50rds you will know how to get there next time.

If you drive around yourself, looking for it, it will cost you more than 50rds in gasoline, and the next time you have to repeat it.

BelgianK

Noballs

May 27, 2012
If you want a huge Santiago Paper Map the store on the monument side of the Aloha Sol Hotel , the store says Museo on the outside but it is a bookstore. You could mark your stores on your paper map from Google maps.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I like to take the map on wheels, also known as motoconcho.

You flag one down, tell him where you want to go, and follow him in your car. For 50rds you will know how to get there next time.

If you drive around yourself, looking for it, it will cost you more than 50rds in gasoline, and the next time you have to repeat it.

BelgianK

Thta my solution, many times... wave the 50 and watch the action

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Call me sayonara and I'll tell you where most things can be found - for free or a cold one if you desire. :)

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
If you want a huge Santiago Paper Map the store on the monument side of the Aloha Sol Hotel , the store says Museo on the outside but it is a bookstore. You could mark your stores on your paper map from Google maps.

Thanks, very helpful information.

I will check them out the next time I'm in Santiago.
I checked at Jumbo in Santiago, they only have maps of everywhere BUT Santiago.

As far as remembering where things are if you have a car, get a Gramin Nuvi GPS.
There is a free map of the D.R. you can load into it.
You can then mark and name locations.

It is also great for getting back out of places that you do not know, just follow the bread crumbs to get out.

Lothario666