James and the Weed

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea I think this was a case of the police not getting thier cut or the local weed hustlers pricking on this guy ! Why dont the DR just legalise it!

Sep 4, 2012
Yea I think this was a case of the police not getting thier cut or the local weed hustlers pricking on this guy ! Why dont the DR just legalise it!

No it wasn't, this is a clear act of doing something illegal in the DR and any other country where weed is illegal. Why don't the DR legalize it? Maybe for the exact same reasons that many others don't, it's considered illegal until the law says otherwise.

Understand your point as far as the legal and every other corruption source in this country, but on this instance the corruption is to be blamed on the individual that decided to have a finca of illegal weed.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
He did not have a finca if you aw the video it was an indoor grow. Therefore thats why I said either the cops did not get a cut or the local hustlers got news of what was going on and snitched on him. To be honest this is nothing compared to the tons of weed coming from Colombia thru this country. Oh well it is what it is you can buy a whore on the street and drink a beer while driving in this country no problem but I have found the Domincans really freak out about marijuana more than they do about cocaine.

Sep 4, 2012
He did not have a finca if you aw the video it was an indoor grow.

What part of illegal did he not understand may I ask?

Therefore thats why I said either the cops did not get a cut or the local hustlers got news of what was going on and snitched on him.

Quick to assume, aren't you? If indeed he was snitched upon, good for whomever did it, and no I do not condone corrupted cop as much as I do not condone illegal individual activities.

To be honest this is nothing compared to the tons of weed coming from Colombia thru this country.

Either way, illegal.

Oh well it is what it is you can buy a whore on the street and drink a beer while driving in this country no problem but I have found the Domincans really freak out about marijuana more than they do about cocaine.

And you know that because? I can't

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
indoor? like what? inside the house? people do the strangest things... should he have it in the garden, among other plants, no one would pay attention. i know i cannot recognize the damn plant even thou i saw the image of the leaf thousands of times. and yes, i did smoke it (well, tried), about 20 years ago. but i did not inhale :) really. i do not smoke at all. i do not know how to smoke. so all i got from weed was bad coughing and no joy. useless drug if you ask me.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Marijuana should be legal, just like alcohol is... They are all a bunch of hypocrites !!! It is much worse to get high on rum than to smoke weed...

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Why would someone go to a foreign country and brak their laws? What did they think that they wouldn't be arrested and prosecuted? They broke the law. Some people come here and think they can do what they want and are immune from prosecution.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
What part of illegal did he not understand may I ask?

Quick to assume, aren't you? If indeed he was snitched upon, good for whomever did it, and no I do not condone corrupted cop as much as I do not condone illegal individual activities.

Either way, illegal.

And you know that because? I can't

Where in any of my post did I not say this was not illeagl yes its illegal no argument there !
Snitched on the reason I say this as on the news last night I saw the video and they took out lights he was using to grow theses indoors it was not a finca of land as you said. The local drig dealers who pay off the cops probabally tipped them off because they think he was cutiing in on their business .
Prostitution when i last checked is either legal or dicriminlised here in the DR yes its illeag to drink and drive but I have seen people drinking beer driving past cops waving to them Do you even live here or do you just visit ?
Many countries are progressing forward to legalising dimcrmilising marjiuana why because weed in compared to alcohol cigerettes and prescription drugs is nothing. it has been proven with the orohibition of alcohol in the 30s prohibition does not work contro,l regulation and taxation does go ask States like California and Colorado how much $$$ they make of the taxiation of marijuana.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
It Happens Everywhere.

Why would someone go to a foreign country and brak their laws? What did they think that they wouldn't be arrested and prosecuted? They broke the law. Some people come here and think they can do what they want and are immune from prosecution.

Where is "here"?

Every fortnight the US deports an average of 97 (= up to middle of May, 2012) Dominicans back to their home country.
Why?
Well, they had broken the law.

Van 692 deportados a RD desde EUA tras cumplir condenas por tr?fico de drogas - Hoy Digital

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...asi-23000-dominicanos-deportados-en-seis-anos

donP

Sep 4, 2012
Where is "here"?

Every fortnight the US deports an average of 97 (= up to middle of May, 2012) Dominicans back to their home country.
Why?
Well, they had broken the law.

Van 692 deportados a RD desde EUA tras cumplir condenas por tr?fico de drogas - Hoy Digital

Casi 23,000 dominicanos deportados en seis a?os - listindiario.com

donP

Well done by the USA and deserved by those criminals. Too bad they come here and laws are interpreted differently. Every country should do just the same, that is; one breaks the law, one gets shipped away; but we do not live in a perfect world do we?

That guy the OP mentioned, should be sent back right away as he did indeed break the law as per the article posted.

Sep 4, 2012
Where in any of my post did I not say this was not illeagl yes its illegal no argument there !

What is your argument then?

Snitched on the reason I say this as on the news last night I saw the video and they took out lights he was using to grow theses indoors it was not a finca of land as you said.

Can you understand rhetorical?

The local drig dealers who pay off the cops probabally tipped them off because they think he was cutiing in on their business

Assuming? I applaud whomever did snitch him out.

Prostitution when i last checked is either legal or dicriminlised here in the DR yes its illeag to drink and drive but I have seen people drinking beer driving past cops waving to them Do you even live here or do you just visit ?

I've seen the same, keep in mind that two wrongs do not make one right. If the cop's and everyone else is corrupted, that does not gives anyone the right to do wrong anywhere.

Many countries are progressing forward to legalising dimcrmilising marjiuana why because weed in compared to alcohol cigerettes and prescription drugs is nothing. it has been proven with the orohibition of alcohol in the 30s prohibition does not work contro,l regulation and taxation does go ask States like California and Colorado how much $$$ they make of the taxiation of marijuana.

No argument on my part.

Sep 4, 2012

That should apply to any country. Rules are rules, laws are laws, one don't play right, one loses and it should get tossed away. Glad we do that back home.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Gotta say Dont do the crime if you cant do the time. Pretty stupid to get involved in marijuana down here. The locals think its worse than coke.
And to have it in your house?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Innocent until proven guilty

That guy the OP mentioned, should be sent back right away as he did indeed break the law as per the article posted.

Wait a minute.

The Canadian man probably / supposedly / obviously / most likely broke the law.
So, send him back (= deport) him right away?
It does not work that way, wishing you well (!).

As the Dominican Republic does have a "justice system" of its own, the man goes to court and then is found guilty or not.

donP

Sep 4, 2012
Wait a minute.

The Canadian man probably / supposedly / obviously / most likely broke the law.
So, send him back (= deport) him right away?
It does not work that way, wishing you well (!).

As the Dominican Republic does have a "justice system" of its own, the man goes to court and then is found guilty or not.

donP

That is very much well implied, but you already knew that.