Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coconuts to Loose Weight

The feature article in a health newsletter that I received this week is "Go Global: 15 Natural Remedies From Around the World".

#1 - In Siri Lanka: Coconuts Battle The Bulge

"The average Sri Lankan eats 116 coconuts every year -- yet folks living in this tropical paradise are just half as likely as Americans to get pudgy. The reason: Coconut oil is packed with medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that prod the liver to burn body fat 50 percent faster than normal. When women eat two tablespoons of coconut oil, six ounces of fresh coconut meat or 10 ounces of coconut milk daily, they can effortlessly shed up to three pounds every month, says Mary Enig, Ph.D., author of Eat Fat, Lose Fat.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love this to be true, but when I eat lots of cocnut I seem to lose all the weight down the toilet pan, 15 times a day.

3. Likes beeza, waytogo, cobraboy, CARIBETORNO, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    I would love this to be true, but when I eat lots of cocnut I seem to lose all the weight down the toilet pan, 15 times a day.
    Coconut milk is known to have a mild laxative effect after certain amount (which depends o the person).

It is one of the reasons why tourists to tropical destinations "get sick"...coconut milk is an ingredient of the highly popular pina colada and other similar drinks...once a person has drank several in a row the mild laxative effect becomes noticed...of course they then go one to blame the food or the water...It is in fact the coconut-milk in their cocktails!..and it is all natural!

5. Likes AnnaC, nsgirl, DOMINCAN JOE liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna give it a try. I am on a raspberry keton diet but anything liquid that can add to the burning of fat has a go for me.

But I should refrain from baking cakes and muffins...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    The article doesn't say eat "lots of coconut". It says 6 ozs of meat or 10 ozs of milk. Is your "lots of coconut more or less than that?

I don't know if it works. Check out Google for eating coconuts to lose weight. Lots of hits, both pro and con.
    Last edited by Ken; 10-26-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicaus View Post
    Coconut milk is known to have a mild laxative effect after certain amount (which depends o the person).

It is one of the reasons why tourists to tropical destinations "get sick"...coconut milk is an ingredient of the highly popular pina colada and other similar drinks...once a person has drank several in a row the mild laxative effect becomes noticed...of course they then go one to blame the food or the water...It is in fact the coconut-milk in their cocktails!..and it is all natural!
    So, if I drink loads of pina coladas I will lose weight??? Jiehaaaaaaaa....

Another coconut diet. Stand underneath tree and wait till coconut drops on your head. You will be in a coma for a couple of weeks, and wake up happily with the new, lighter you.

JUST JOKING....

BelgianK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    (...) yet folks living in this tropical paradise are just half as likely as Americans to get pudgy.
    hmm, could it be that sri lankanians (btw, wtf are they called?) simply eat less than americans, eh?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    hmm, could it be that sri lankanians (btw, wtf are they called?) simply eat less than americans, eh?
    Or healthier...or have more physical activities...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly. i hate those comparisons "ethiopians are more likely to be thin than americans". no, really? who'd have thought.
    americans have easy access to processed food and they can afford to eat more than someone in addis ababa....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly knew that all the "coco locos" I've been drinking in Samana were good for some reason!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast